Jump to content

What is the process when an E-2 visa holder is getting married to an american citizen?

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My girlfriend is a US citizen, we met 5 years ago in France and I moved 2 year ago to America thanks to a J-1 visa and i have since a year an e2 visa. We are planning to get married soon.  I would like to adjust my status by having my (future) wife filing an AOS for me but im not sure about the full process. 
I read carefully the guide on VJ and I believe that i have to file for i-130, i-485, i-765 and attached some addt forms as i-864,i-693, i-325a. Is it correct? 
Also what do I have to check in the i-485 part 2? Should i say other and explain that i.m a e2 visa or should I checked a. or b.??? 
Also do there is any risks to get denied if I apply right after getting marries (within a week)? 

Thank you in advance 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.