Stagnant Sloth

1-134 Questions

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

I am in the process of filling out the I-134 form with my fiance (the US citizen) and had a couple questions.

1) On page one, question 10, it asks USCIS online account number. Is this something we should normally have for the K1 visa?

2) On page four, question 26, it states "I have submitted a visa petition(s) to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services on behalf of the following persons. (If none, write "None" in the space for name below.)" .....Do we put my information (the beneficiary) in this spot? I wasn't sure, since my information is already filled out in Section Two on page two. So, I wasn't sure if this question was specifically referring to previous individual's who may have been petitioned in the past other than myself.

Thank you for any assistance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi, 

Here is what this means :)

4. USCIS Online Account Number (if any). If you have previously filed an application, petition, or request using the USCIS online filing system (previously called USCIS Electronic Immigration System (USCIS ELIS)), provide the USCIS Online Account Number you were issued by the system. You can find your USCIS Online Account Number by logging in to your account and going to the profile page. If you previously filed certain applications, petitions, or requests on a paper form via a USCIS Lockbox facility, you may have received a USCIS Online Account Access Notice issuing you a USCIS Online Account Number. If you received such a notice, your USCIS Online Account Number can be found at the top of the notice. If you were issued a USCIS Online Account Number, enter it in the space provided. The USCIS Online Account Number is not the same as an A-Number.

I interpret this as if you had already been given a number due to a previous application...

This form has changed so much compared to the one we had to file and I think other people will now have to read it and just tell you what they would write.

If it was me personally I would complete that with your details 26 with your details but maybe someone else can confirm...

Let me see if if it will allow me to attach this address and see if this helps you at all although it doesn't seem to give out all instructions of what should be written and where

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-134instr.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Sorry I just typed that as quick as I could and I couldn't withdraw my post... whoops

Do you see on the form on page 3 after question 9.d? It changed to dependants information rather than the beneficiary.

I am not too sure if this is all in the wording as I say, difference between a dependant and a beneficiary but I would personally say that this would be potentially if the USC has previously sponsored of submitted a petition for a dependant (a child) maybe.

Can anyone else confirm this or let me know in the kindest way possible if I am wrong. I don't want to give out false information on something so important but I have read the form and the instructions and I see why stagnant has asked the question 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.