JimmyJane

Next Step- Am I Missing Anything?!

1 post in this topic

Hi guys!

Please excuse my ignorance on this issue- I tried checking the pinned process but it's all in html with no links and I couldn't figure it out- and I'm at that stage where it's a bit confusing and would love if someone can just reassure me I'm not missing any major step!

I have the email saying my case has arrived at the consulate here in Sydney- the confirmation of I-129F Petition.  

It says:

Dear K Visa Petitioner,

The U.S. Consulate General in Sydney has received your approved petition.  Please have your fiancée create a profile via USTravelDocs and email our office at support-australia@ustraveldocs.com. In the email they must advise the following information:

Name:

Case number (ie: SYD2014000000):

Email address:

Phone number:

Passport Number:

DS-160 confirmation number:

MRV Receipt Number:

It directs me to create a profile via the link- done!

DS-160 confirmation number- I filled in the DS-160 and have that number... It's does not seem to be linked to/associated with my login at all, is that a problem?

MRV receipt number-  if I just click on the payment link in my consulate login page, and follow the payment info, will that register it to my name/account?  

(I have fears of paying the fee and it going into the abyss!)

And I am assuming my case number is the receipt number on my I-797?  That's what I used on the DS-160, so I sure hope so!

After I email these details to the consulate, is that when they get back to me and let me know how to schedule an interview and all the things I need to gather in the meantime?

Thanks so much for any help- this place has been an absolute goldmine of information, couldn't do it without you all!!

Cheers

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.