Jump to content

N400, Child support

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I had divorced sin 2014, my daughter is currently with my ex husband. I believed we don't have a court order on the child support. I am responsible to pay him child support every month. 

My ex husband and I never talked or text ever since I moved out from his house.  I had sent him check and money order, he had never cash my check and money order, so I don't have any proof for me paying child support. He will never agreed to write any letter to prove that I pay child support, since he never reply my text message. 


Until these 2 months, i just send the payment through Western Union, at least I had proof for these 2 month, but I need to apply for citizenship now.  

Am I in trouble?


and Second question. Do I need to send in the copies of my child support and divorce certificate with my N400?


Thank you 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can only say yes, you should send the copy of your child's birth certificate and your divorce certificate. 


For child support question, I recommend you to consult with the immigration lawyer. Good luck!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.