nyala62

CR1 reaffirmed in Ghana (split topic)

1,471 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 minutes ago, nyala62 said:

dmh59...According my recent experience with the reaffirmed cases in Ghana, you have to just wait wait wait, because the Embassy will never respond to your letters or emails sometimes until it's time for them to schedule your interview then you will hear from them either by phone call (As they did to my wife) or by email. Ours took almost 4 good months from the date NVC shipped it to them. So patience it will come to pass by the Grace of The Almighty GOD...I wish you all safe landin

Nyala my 😎bro, hope all is well, let me know when wifey arrived oooooo so I can join the 🎉celebration. After all the stress lol. I'm happy for u.  Keep us in ur prayers. 

Timeline
25 minutes ago, trustG said:

Nyala my 😎bro, hope all is well, let me know when wifey arrived oooooo so I can join the 🎉celebration. After all the stress lol. I'm happy for u.  Keep us in ur prayers. 

Ohhhh My sister trustG, I will do that for you ooooooo. we will need your participation in the celebration when Madam arrives. Yes the stress of checking the status is over Hahahaha. I'm always praying for the rest who are also in line waiting. May Allah the Almighty make it easy for you all.  ( The Rock is high but we gonna dig it down )

Edited by nyala62

Timeline
6 minutes ago, nyala62 said:

Ohhhh My sister trustG, I will do that for you ooooooo. we will need your participation in the celebration when Madam arrives. Yes the stress of checking the status is over Hahahaha. I'm always praying for the rest who are also in line waiting. May Allah the Almighty make it easy for you all.  ( The Rock is high but we gonna dig it down )

Ameen ooooooo

Timeline
3 hours ago, nyala62 said:

dmh59...According my recent experience with the reaffirmed cases in Ghana, you have to just wait wait wait, because the Embassy will never respond to your letters or emails sometimes until it's time for them to schedule your interview then you will hear from them either by phone call (As they did to my wife) or by email. Ours took almost 4 good months from the date NVC shipped it to them. So patience it will come to pass by the Grace of The Almighty GOD...I wish you all safe landin

Thank you responding.  It's disheartening as I thought reaffirmations would b sooner with no long wait periods. :(

whats 4 months when we've waited 3 years right?! ;) 

Timeline

Greetings VJ family! Today I received a letter in the mail from the US Embassy in Ghana stating that my husband can come pick up a packet on any Wednesday in order to schedule his interview.  

Timeline
6 hours ago, Boohene102314 said:

Greetings VJ family! Today I received a letter in the mail from the US Embassy in Ghana stating that my husband can come pick up a packet on any Wednesday in order to schedule his interview.  

God bless Boohene, I will check with our lawyer tomorrow to see if he received anything for us as well.  Do you know when the embassy received ur reaffirmed package. 

Timeline

trustG, the embassy received the reaffirmed petition around May 30th or so.   The interesting thing is that they want my husband to come at 7:30am and then come back by 2:00pm that same day to receive his appointment package with the interview date, etc. Luckily our home is in Accra so we are not too far. What about others in GH that have to travel for hours just to get an appointment package and have to return to Accra again for the interview. That's a lot of travel. 

Things seem to be moving so I pray everyone waiting should get some form of communication soon, I'm sure! 

Thanks for the prayers everyone. One step at a time.....

Timeline
5 hours ago, Boohene102314 said:

trustG, the embassy received the reaffirmed petition around May 30th or so.   The interesting thing is that they want my husband to come at 7:30am and then come back by 2:00pm that same day to receive his appointment package with the interview date, etc. Luckily our home is in Accra so we are not too far. What about others in GH that have to travel for hours just to get an appointment package and have to return to Accra again for the interview. That's a lot of travel. 

Things seem to be moving so I pray everyone waiting should get some form of communication soon, I'm sure! 

Thanks for the prayers everyone. One step at a time.....

Gm my vj family. @Boohene102314 why do they want ur husband to come twice on the same day for just the interview date, honestly these ppl can frustrate ppl and think they owned our lives, what if he had something else to do in the afternoon. Shame. But our God is in control, he won't brought us this far to leave us, God will see all of us through.  My husband was at the embassy on Wednesday to get some documents notarized for me, lol 😂 I told him to tell them he doesn't mind picking up our interview package 📦 too if they have it ready. lol 😂 hubby was cracking up. Sometimes we've to crack jokes to release stress.

Timeline

@trustG, Yes laughter is a great cure to get through this stressful situation.  I pray you receive notification soon.

The letter states: 'Please come to the Consular Section of the Embassy of the United States of America, located in Cantonments, Accra any Wednesday (except holidays) at 7:30 am to pick up an appointment package in connection with a reaffirmed I-130 Petition filed on your behalf.  Please note that when you drop off your call in letter or email at 7:30 am, you will come back at 2:00 pm that same day to pick up your package.'

That is all it states with all its ambiguity.They make us go through a lot of hoops, but it's almost over and definitely worth the trouble.  The issues we are going through prove that the love we have for our spouses' is true and full of fate.  Nothing worth having is easy to obtain, lots of work is always involved.  

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Boohene102314 said:

@trustG, Yes laughter is a great cure to get through this stressful situation.  I pray you receive notification soon.

The letter states: 'Please come to the Consular Section of the Embassy of the United States of America, located in Cantonments, Accra any Wednesday (except holidays) at 7:30 am to pick up an appointment package in connection with a reaffirmed I-130 Petition filed on your behalf.  Please note that when you drop off your call in letter or email at 7:30 am, you will come back at 2:00 pm that same day to pick up your package.'

That is all it states with all its ambiguity.They make us go through a lot of hoops, but it's almost over and definitely worth the trouble.  The issues we are going through prove that the love we have for our spouses' is true and full of fate.  Nothing worth having is easy to obtain, lots of work is always involved.  

@Boohene . Thanks for ur reply, just talk to our lawyer but he has not received anything yet.  We are still pray for a date soon. Thanks again. 🙌🙌🙌❤❤❤

Timeline

V I S A  R E A D Y

My husband picked up his visa today. :P Although, the blue paper says 2 weeks, it's more like 3-4 weeks The website doesn't work for updates. Thankfully, he lives in Accra. We are searching for tickets now. This is the easy part compared to the rest of this 3+ year wahala!

Keep hope alive! 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, REM4ALWAYS said:

V I S A  R E A D Y

My husband picked up his visa today. :P Although, the blue paper says 2 weeks, it's more like 3-4 weeks The website doesn't work for updates. Thankfully, he lives in Accra. We are searching for tickets now. This is the easy part compared to the rest of this 3+ year wahala!

Keep hope alive! 

God bless REM4ALWAYS I'm happy for u. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.