nyala62

CR1 reaffirmed in Ghana (split topic)

1,471 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
16 hours ago, trustG said:

Hi nyala62 , how are u?  Pls do they required new tax transcript for the new interview,  I want to gather all the required documents before we get our interview date. Thanks 

Yes...all those waiting for 2 interview should fill out updated affidavit of support form, plus new tax transcript

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline
1 minute ago, IcezMan_IcezLady said:

Yes...all those waiting for 2 interview should fill out updated affidavit of support form, plus new tax transcript

Okay IcezMan_IcezLady thanks so much, I don't want to wait last minute, so I want to get all those documents together.  Also do u have an idea of when nvc received the reaffirmed file, because I have called them 3x and they said they've not received our file, I'm confused. Our reaffirm was on May 12 this month, and I received a confirmation notice from uscis that they've sent the file to DOS. So I don't know why they keep saying they haven't received it. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, trustG said:

Okay IcezMan_IcezLady thanks so much, I don't want to wait last minute, so I want to get all those documents together.  Also do u have an idea of when nvc received the reaffirmed file, because I have called them 3x and they said they've not received our file, I'm confused. Our reaffirm was on May 12 this month, and I received a confirmation notice from uscis that they've sent the file to DOS. So I don't know why they keep saying they haven't received it. 

I don't know for sure since my case hasn't been reaffirmed yet. But from most of the processes, the transfer of cases from USCIS to NVC usually takes 2  weeks to 1 month.

So keep calling and also, check your status online too.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline
1 minute ago, IcezMan_IcezLady said:

I don't know for sure since my case hasn't been reaffirmed yet. But from most of the processes, the transfer of cases from USCIS to NVC usually takes 2  weeks to 1 month.

So keep calling and also, check your status online too.

Okay thanks two weeks was last Friday, they might be right,  hmmmm checking the case on ceac almost gave me a heart attack, because I check it when our case was reaffirm and it said case expiring soon, so I don't want to check there till they will confirm that they have our file. I pray u get reaffirm soon, may God give us the strength in this journey. 

Timeline

There's no appointment available at the USCIS office in Austin.. I have been checking un-end. IS there a way to bypass this?

**Update**

I checked again and I was able to get an appointment..woohoo!!

Why do I need to take with me for the appointment?

Edited by IcezMan_IcezLady
Update

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Timeline
4 minutes ago, IcezMan_IcezLady said:

There's no appointment available at the USCIS office in Austin.. I have been checking un-end. IS there a way to bypass this?

Did u check their infopass 

Timeline
1 minute ago, trustG said:

Did u check their infopass 

I just got one available.. I had been checking for 1 week now.. I got lucky today :) ..thanks

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Timeline
31 minutes ago, IcezMan_IcezLady said:

I just got one available.. I had been checking for 1 week now.. I got lucky today :) ..thanks

Glad u got one.🙏🏾

Timeline

Ghanaian beneficiaries on this platform please comment. After DNA confirms it's a match, how long does it take the embassy to call? I know there are so many Ghanaian's who undergone the DNA test at the US embassy in Ghana.Please can you share your experience with some of us on here. Thank you...

Timeline

Hi everyone hope all of you are doing great. Is there any updates for reaffirmed cases. I'm still waiting for the notice from nvc for our reaffirmed.tomorrow would be 4 weeks,so I'm a little bit worried 😩.  Any information will be appreciated thanks.

Timeline
On 6/7/2017 at 11:29 PM, trustG said:

Hi everyone hope all of you are doing great. Is there any updates for reaffirmed cases. I'm still waiting for the notice from nvc for our reaffirmed.tomorrow would be 4 weeks,so I'm a little bit worried 😩.  Any information will be appreciated thanks.

trustG, be patient it will come to pass. Reaffirmed cases are the most frustrating, they go very very slow but it will happen. we all passed thru this period of waiting....God will make it happen soon. Call NVC to find out, keep calling

Timeline
1 minute ago, nyala62 said:

trustG, be patient it will come to pass. Reaffirmed cases are the most frustrating, they go very very slow but it will happen. we all passed thru this period of waiting....God will make it happen soon. Call NVC to find out, keep calling

Okay nyala62 ,thanks I'll call them on Monday God willing, I already received the confirmation of the reaffirm from uscis, so now I'm waiting for the nvc. Hope everything is well on ur side. 

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Okay nyala62 ,thanks I'll call them on Monday God willing, I already received the confirmation of the reaffirm from uscis, so now I'm waiting for the nvc. Hope everything is well on ur side. 

How long did it take to get notice about the reaffirm TrustgTrustG 

Timeline

Yes the NVC will send you a notice that they have received your reaffirmed petition from USCIS and will send it to the Embassy....That was what we got from them.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jenilyn and Awal said:

How long did it take to get notice about the reaffirm TrustgTrustG 

Jenilyn and Awal, it was reaffirm on May 12, and I received both email and text on May 15 and paper notice on May 20, I hope this information help. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.