Jump to content

Petition dad on tourist visa

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My rel'p with my father is not great but still I want to help him. So basically I was born when he and my mom was not yet married but on my birth certificate he's written down as my father. After years of being together they separated ,my mom went to the US, got married and became a US citizen while my dad stayed in the Phil and got married.  My mom eventually petitioned me to be with her here and now I'm a USC too. 

Here's the crazy part, my dad visited me here 2 months ago and been staying with me. And he told me that his life in the Phil is  a nightmare . So he's asking if I can petition him. 


Can I petition him?

What are the forms?

Do i need like pictures to proved our rel'p as father/ child? 


Thank you . I appreaciate the Help! 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Transborderwife said:

you can adjust status and he does not need toleave if this is an option for him.

is a birth certificate enough proof for our relationship or do i need more? Thank you ?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.