5 posts in this topic

Hi my wife usa citizen she applied for me spouse visa we have done with uscis and we pay all the application fees and iv packages which they receive 15th of September. Then 1st November they send mail that we have missing our marriage certificate( in my language). Then we send which they receive 10th November. Then they said wait 6 weeks which is 22 December finish the date line. We called nvc twice they put my case 27th to  supervisor review and they said it will take up to 6 weeks  to review. Can anyone tell me  how many days I have to wait more to get my interview letter please. 

Edited by Shouvic

You can keep calling to find out if they have reviewed your case, but you won't receive an interview letter or date until they have reviewed the file and confirmed that it is completed.  For us, we had a supervisor review and it was almost the full 45 days (review time at the time we filed) before a supervisor reviewed our case.

Mar 2014 - Married

5/7/14?? - Attorney mailed paperwork

5/15/14 DHS cashed check

5/19/14 - NOA1 received with PD 5/12/14

10/17/14 - NOA2 received

10/28/14 - Email received that file has been sent to NVC

11/13/14 - NVC received file

12/10/14 - NVC Assigned case number

12/12/14 - AOS Fee Invoiced

12/13/14 - Submit email to NVC to remove attorney as DS-261 Agent

12/16/14 - AOS Fee showing as Paid

12/17/14 - IV Fee invoiced

12/20/14 - IV fee available and paid

12/27/14 - DS-260 submitted

1/2/15 - AOS and IV packages sent to NVC

1/5/15 - USPS delivered packages to NVC

1/7/15 - NVC scanned in packages. Let the countdown begin...

1/30/15 - FINALLY got a reply to my email to remove the attorney from the DS-261

3/9/15 - Called NVC and they have checklisted us for an "incorrect" decree absolute from the UK, even though it is the legal official document. Have requested a supervisor review.

4/28/15 - Called and NVC said supervisor had reviewed and now claimed that the decree absolute was not included. After disagreeing with the less than helpful lady on the phone, and her not being able to get the review time right. (She kept changing her story between 42 days and 30 days).

4/30/15 - Sent the same copy of the decree absolute to the NVC from the UK, highlighting the "decree absolute" wording with a letter stating that this is the only document provided by the UK government.

5/6/15 - Scan date for checklist received.

6/5/15 - Case complete!!!

6/12/15 - Called and interview is scheduled for July 1!

6/14/15 - Received email with interview date and instructions.

6/19/15 - Case showing as ready on CEAC.

7/1/15 - Approved at interview!!!

7/6/15 - CEAC changed to Administrative Processing

7/7/15 - CEAC changed to Issued!!!!!

7/10/15 - Passport and packet delivered!

7/29/15 - Husband entered with visa at Dallas/Fort Worth airport

9/29/15 - GC delivered!!!

5/4/17 - ROC packet sent via USPS

5/9/17 - Tracking shows delivered

5/17/17 - Check cashed

5/19/17 - NOA1 received with date of 5/8/17

5/27/17 - Biometrics appt received 6/8/17

3 minutes ago, mlh said:

You can keep calling to find out if they have reviewed your case, but you won't receive an interview letter or date until they have reviewed the file and confirmed that it is completed.  For us, we had a supervisor review and it was almost the full 45 days (review time at the time we filed) before a supervisor reviewed our case.

So you mean I have to wait another 45 days from 27th December 

Edited by Shouvic

It would be up to 6 weeks from 27th Nov for the supervisor to review your case.  It will then be up to them to determine if the case is complete, and then it will go through the process to schedule the interview.  I'm not sure if it's the same for all countries, but the NVC scheduled our interview for the UK, and we got the interview date by calling the NVC well before we received the actual letter.

Mar 2014 - Married

5/7/14?? - Attorney mailed paperwork

5/15/14 DHS cashed check

5/19/14 - NOA1 received with PD 5/12/14

10/17/14 - NOA2 received

10/28/14 - Email received that file has been sent to NVC

11/13/14 - NVC received file

12/10/14 - NVC Assigned case number

12/12/14 - AOS Fee Invoiced

12/13/14 - Submit email to NVC to remove attorney as DS-261 Agent

12/16/14 - AOS Fee showing as Paid

12/17/14 - IV Fee invoiced

12/20/14 - IV fee available and paid

12/27/14 - DS-260 submitted

1/2/15 - AOS and IV packages sent to NVC

1/5/15 - USPS delivered packages to NVC

1/7/15 - NVC scanned in packages. Let the countdown begin...

1/30/15 - FINALLY got a reply to my email to remove the attorney from the DS-261

3/9/15 - Called NVC and they have checklisted us for an "incorrect" decree absolute from the UK, even though it is the legal official document. Have requested a supervisor review.

4/28/15 - Called and NVC said supervisor had reviewed and now claimed that the decree absolute was not included. After disagreeing with the less than helpful lady on the phone, and her not being able to get the review time right. (She kept changing her story between 42 days and 30 days).

4/30/15 - Sent the same copy of the decree absolute to the NVC from the UK, highlighting the "decree absolute" wording with a letter stating that this is the only document provided by the UK government.

5/6/15 - Scan date for checklist received.

6/5/15 - Case complete!!!

6/12/15 - Called and interview is scheduled for July 1!

6/14/15 - Received email with interview date and instructions.

6/19/15 - Case showing as ready on CEAC.

7/1/15 - Approved at interview!!!

7/6/15 - CEAC changed to Administrative Processing

7/7/15 - CEAC changed to Issued!!!!!

7/10/15 - Passport and packet delivered!

7/29/15 - Husband entered with visa at Dallas/Fort Worth airport

9/29/15 - GC delivered!!!

5/4/17 - ROC packet sent via USPS

5/9/17 - Tracking shows delivered

5/17/17 - Check cashed

5/19/17 - NOA1 received with date of 5/8/17

5/27/17 - Biometrics appt received 6/8/17

Processes are little different depending on countries. For Bangladesh this is how it will work: once your RFE  is verified along with the rest of the other documents and is deemed satisfied by NVC, they will approve your case and send it to US Embassy in Dhaka, Bangladesh.  

Usually embassy will take somewhere between two weeks to a month and a half to schedule an interview date with you. They will send you a letter with detailed instruction on what needs to happen and what you will need to do and a future date for the interview.

A I making any sense?   Just make sure you always prepared with all the necessary and required documents to a void any kind of delay. That is the most important criteria to complete your case without much hassle throughout this entire journey. Good luck and best wishes for you 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.