Jump to content

Applying for K1 visa with dependent

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi, good day everyone?, im hoping i could get clarifications or suggestions and advices regarding my inquiry. I am a filipina, single mom, i have an 8 yrs old boy. I have an american fiancée and were currently processing our petition theough k1 visa. However, my child uses his biological father's surname.will this affect our petition? I have no contact or communication with my child's father for almost 8 years. ( we are not married, by the way) the father acknowledged the child as his, however he disappeared after my son turned 1. I need help from my fellow filipina out there, if you have encountered the same situation, what did you do in order to get your child with you to USA using k1 visa? ive consulted local lawyers and they suggest to secure letter of consent from the father,( the easiest way ) but i have no idea where to find the father. Thank you in advance

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.