SimonAndAmina

K-1 Visa Uganda (Through Nairobi) Almost done, but having problems

44 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Thanks! We are trying to figure it out. Her status at the us visa Kenya Embassy web page says to pay the fee, but there are no instructions on how to do so and no paperwork to download, no specific file numbers to give to Postbank/M-pesa, etc.. 

Do you remember how you are able to get the paperwork / info needed to pay? Was it through the Kenya Embassy website, via email, in the mail, etc.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Filed: Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hey Simon,

Sorry for all this. When you are in the immigrant site( the site should be green in color, don't use the blue one because it is for nonimmigrant ).  When you create an account, you put your information, after that you click green button continue, when you continue you will enter the courier/DHL location where you will pick up your visa after it is approved (Location should be within Kenya there is a drop down button with places you can choose from). Click continue green button then go to the payment section (MRV fee), here you will see two options 1) Pay by cash (2) Pay by Safaricom M-pesa.  Here if you choose to pay by cash,  then click on "pay by cash" the pdf form  will appear then prompt you to print. That is the form will direct you to go pay at Post bank and the amount with the pin number. Also, remember this form expires in like 4 days, that means you have to make payment at the bank within the timeline.  They will update your account within 2 days, then you will see the calendar to schedule the appointment. Hope this will help. ( https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-KE/iv/users/sign_in ) this is the website. Be blessed 

Timeline
On 1/11/2017 at 8:26 AM, Afric said:

Hey Simon,

Yes, you have to pay the visa fee at the Post bank or through Mpesa before scheduling. First, you have to create the account immigrant side, then follow the flow of the account up to payment then prompt you to pay the visa fee. Here it gives you option either cash which you pay it in Postbank or Mpesa.  If through cash it will prompt you to print out a paper which you will carry with you to make payment at Postbank (Kenya). Afterwards, will take 1 to 2 days to get updated in your account. Then from there you will see the calendar to schedule appointment.Hope you will get one soon.Be blessed  

Thank you! I sent this info to my fiancé and hopefully when we get our filing issue sorted out we will be able to pay and schedule the meeting. Take care! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline
5 hours ago, SimonAndAmina said:

I sent this info to my fiancé and hopefully when we get our filing issue sorted out we will be able to pay and schedule the meeting. Take care! 

Good luck to you!

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 1/12/2017 at 8:43 PM, Afric said:

Hey Simon,

Sorry for all this. When you are in the immigrant site( the site should be green in color, don't use the blue one because it is for nonimmigrant ).  When you create an account, you put your information, after that you click green button continue, when you continue you will enter the courier/DHL location where you will pick up your visa after it is approved (Location should be within Kenya there is a drop down button with places you can choose from). Click continue green button then go to the payment section (MRV fee), here you will see two options 1) Pay by cash (2) Pay by Safaricom M-pesa.  Here if you choose to pay by cash,  then click on "pay by cash" the pdf form  will appear then prompt you to print. That is the form will direct you to go pay at Post bank and the amount with the pin number. Also, remember this form expires in like 4 days, that means you have to make payment at the bank within the timeline.  They will update your account within 2 days, then you will see the calendar to schedule the appointment. Hope this will help. ( https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-KE/iv/users/sign_in ) this is the website. Be blessed 

Hi afric, so good news in that we have been able to sort out the filing problems. But, there is no pay options available, but the scheduling option is open (although it says no appointments available). It seems to be in reverse order than what you said, and the agent at the Virginia office said to schedule first, then pay. I wonder if they have changed the way its done, or if its different because my fiancee is from Uganda. Nevertheless, how are things going with your case progress? 

Timeline
15 hours ago, SimonAndAmina said:

Hi afric, so good news in that we have been able to sort out the filing problems. But, there is no pay options available, but the scheduling option is open (although it says no appointments available). It seems to be in reverse order than what you said, and the agent at the Virginia office said to schedule first, then pay. I wonder if they have changed the way its done, or if its different because my fiancee is from Uganda. Nevertheless, how are things going with your case progress? 

Hey, Simon. Us we just started medical, then next week is the interview. Please email the Us embassy Nairobi and tell them about the issue, their email address is  essa_contactus+ke+ivcasenumber+en@visaops.net  payment needs to be done first so long as it is K1 Visa before scheduling. Hope you will break through soon. Be blessed  

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 1/31/2017 at 1:01 PM, Afric said:

Hey, Simon. Us we just started medical, then next week is the interview. Please email the Us embassy Nairobi and tell them about the issue, their email address is  essa_contactus+ke+ivcasenumber+en@visaops.net  payment needs to be done first so long as it is K1 Visa before scheduling. Hope you will break through soon. Be blessed  

Hey afric, just checking in to see how things are going.. has there been progress on your case?

We were able to pay the fee and are now checking the website every day for scheduling dates.. was there anything special that you did to finally get a date scheduled, or did you just keep checking?

Blessings! Simon and Amina 

Timeline
19 hours ago, SimonAndAmina said:

Hey afric, just checking in to see how things are going.. has there been progress on your case?

We were able to pay the fee and are now checking the website every day for scheduling dates.. was there anything special that you did to finally get a date scheduled, or did you just keep checking?

Blessings! Simon and Amina 

Great!!! finally, you paid the fee.Please Keep on checking for the open slots as many times as you could at some point it will open. 

We already have Visa's in our hands now, we thank God for that. Hope you will be through this process soon too. Be blessed 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Afric said:

Great!!! finally, you paid the fee.Please Keep on checking for the open slots as many times as you could at some point it will open. 

We already have Visa's in our hands now, we thank God for that. Hope you will be through this process soon too. Be blessed 

We are registered on the green (imagrent) application page, but we are properly filed fot a K-1 now and it is showing us the scheduling calander, etc.. I know you had said we need to be on the blue/purple page. But, the Virginia office re-set up the page for us and it seems to be filed right and letting us check the scheduling.. do you think that's okay?

Timeline
46 minutes ago, SimonAndAmina said:

We are registered on the green (imagrent) application page, but we are properly filed fot a K-1 now and it is showing us the scheduling calander, etc.. I know you had said we need to be on the blue/purple page. But, the Virginia office re-set up the page for us and it seems to be filed right and letting us check the scheduling.. do you think that's okay?

Hey Simon,

Yes, it should be the green immigrant page. You are on the right page. Please keep on checking for any open slot.  Hope you get one soon, I know how stressful it is. Be blessed

Timeline

Afric and Simon...thanks for the elaborate updates you shared. Your thread has been a great resource. I happen to be in the same boat as the Simons. My Fiancée is in Uganda.We have already completed all the stages of the K-1 visa....duly paid the visa fee in Nairobi at Post Bank mid Jan 2017 and are still waiting for the appointment slot for her interview. We also check simultaneously and randomly for available/ open interview dates on the website . My question I guess is if there is any other way we can know whether there are open dates to schedule the interview in Nairobi?

Timeline
On 2/22/2017 at 2:14 AM, Ricktx said:

Afric and Simon...thanks for the elaborate updates you shared. Your thread has been a great resource. I happen to be in the same boat as the Simons. My Fiancée is in Uganda.We have already completed all the stages of the K-1 visa....duly paid the visa fee in Nairobi at Post Bank mid Jan 2017 and are still waiting for the appointment slot for her interview. We also check simultaneously and randomly for available/ open interview dates on the website . My question I guess is if there is any other way we can know whether there are open dates to schedule the interview in Nairobi?

We got an appointment today.. there might still be a few available, I would check asap..! 

Timeline
On 2/22/2017 at 2:14 AM, Ricktx said:

We got an appointment today.. there might still be a few available, I would check asap..! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.