Lank123

O-1 visa, interview at US consulate! Anyone successfully got a visa stamp?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: O-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Thank God, I got a call from my lawyer that my o-1 visa petition has been approved. I've been working for NYU for 4 years as a teaching artist (like a guest speaker/adjunct professor)so my petitioner was NYU, No RFE, it took 3 months.

My next step is "Visa interview at US consulate". My passport country is South Korea but it's too far and I don't have enough time to visit my country so I was thinking about applying for an interview in Canada. Do you know anyone who applied for an O-1 interview in Canada? And how did it go? It seems like it's impossible to get a visa stamp from US consulates and I am very worried.

Thanks,

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Good to hear about your approved O1 petition!

But why are your so worried about the consulate interview? You have what matters the most and that is the USCIS approval. Just know the details of your case well and the CO will only revoke if there is some serious matters. He will ask you some random questions but he is not the one to evaluate your case in total. Imagine you would explain me your plan in 5 minutes.

He might check on your finances to make sure you are not becoming a public charge.

I think you will do fine and also discuss this with your lawyer.

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.