Canada2TheUsa

Passed ?? @ Montreal

11 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello All,

Just pass my interview for F2A Visa at Montreal. It been a long journey but is done !! Filed back in Dec 2014. They kept my passport and handed me a welcome letter. But he told me they just have to double check did i ever overstayed in the Usa and a crime record. Other then that i should get my passport back in 1 week and 3 days. Hopefully the holidays dont delay. But Thank you visajourney for your help. if you guys have any question i would gladly help & answer !

Timeline

Hey guys just wanna give you a update so I check my visa status yesterday and it was " ready " and I checked again and it is *issue*

Timeline

Congratulations Dear. I am also in the same boat and waiting for my PD becomes current. Can you please share with your Medical and Interview experience with us as my interview will be place in Montreal.

Thanks

Ashish

Timeline

Congratulations Dear. I am also in the same boat and waiting for my PD becomes current. Can you please share with your Medical and Interview experience with us as my interview will be place in Montreal.

Thanks

Ashish

Hi, yes I can! I live in Vancouver and had my medical in Surrey and my interview in Montreal. My husband is sponsoring me for an F2A visa for myself and our 2 year old son. I received my interview letter November 3 so I automatically booked flights, a hotel in Montreal and a medical appointment. For the medical, It was very fast and very easy. I had an appointment at 8 am and it was not very far from where I lived so I arrived around 7:45. There were people already there but I still got in very quick. The nurse weighed us and checked our height. The dr asked me about our medical history (heart problems, lung problems & stuff like that), he pushed on my stomach, he listened to my heart, he checked my eyes and said done. He did a basic checkup like you would with your family doctor. He then sent me to a certain x-ray and blood test building nearby. You must go to the place that the dr tells you to. The blood test part was easy it was the waiting that took long. The X-Ray was very quick, they tell you to take off ur clothing waist up and go to a X-ray room. They made me stand in front of the X-ray for about 20 seconds and that was it. I went back after about 3 days or so for my medical envelopes, they were taped shut you are not allowed to open it. And for my interview, My husband was worried about what paperwork we would need so I brought everything but in the end they only needed certain papers because we had sent everything in already. In the interview letter they tell you what papers they need. I booked a hotel very nearby Le square Phillips hotel (I recommend, it is very big, a little pricey but I find worth it). My appointment was at 9:30 am but I read that there is security and I was going in with my 2 year old son so I gave myself lots of time to go through. I went at about 7:20 am , the doors open at 7:30 am. There was already about 20 people in front of me. I am not saying go early but give yourself time to go through security (like an airport). No backpacks! About 5 people in my line had one and they were told they were not allowed in. You can bring a cellphone but they will make you put it in a locker so I suggest just not bringing one to save time. If your visa is Immigrant make sure you receive a laminated paper with a number! I did not receive one and I had to go all the way back to the front doors. After security they send you down a flight of stairs to your left, into a room with chairs against the walls. A security guard came and said to line up to enter the elevator. He sends you up by groups of how many can fit. There are only 3 buttons in the elevator exit, 19th floor and a security only button. We go up to the 19th floor and there are two sides. One side for non-immigrant visas and one for immigrant visas. Non-immigrant have to line up and immigrant have to take a seat and wait for their number to be called. By the time I sat down to wait it was 8 am. They did not call my number until around 9am. I was number 7, she called me to number 1, she took my passports and the papers they did not have. She asked me to double check my address on the paper work. She was very sweet and was allowing me to look at old passport pictures I sent in (because I commented of how small my son was). We talked a bit and she told me to have a seat and wait for my number to be called again. I waited about 5 minutes and was called to number 7. The guy I talked to was very nice. He was tall, blondish-brown hair, blue eyes and glasses. He asked how I met my husband and where he worked. I had brought an album of pictures and waited for him to ask for it but he did not. The whole interview part was about 15 minutes long. He said that we need to do another criminal record check and check how long Ive stayed in the USA but said it looked good. I jokingly told him that he needs to say the word pass if thats what this means and he said if I know nothing will come back then in my heart I know I passed. He handed me my welcome to the United States paper and that was it I was done.

Timeline

Thanks for sharing your experience. It would be helpful to me. yes mine immigration visa category is also under F2A (Spousal). My case PD is on March 31, 2015 and now they are doing until Feb 22 and Jan month they will doing until March 22 PD's file. So I might be getting interview in Feb. I heard very good feedback from Dr Cheema's clinic however I won't make it as I am living in Edmonton so it's not a make sense at all to go all the way down to Vancouver and then go to Montreal for interview.

Are you able to pick up your passport back from Montreal Consulate?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for sharing your experience. It would be helpful to me. yes mine immigration visa category is also under F2A (Spousal). My case PD is on March 31, 2015 and now they are doing until Feb 22 and Jan month they will doing until March 22 PD's file. So I might be getting interview in Feb. I heard very good feedback from Dr Cheema's clinic however I won't make it as I am living in Edmonton so it's not a make sense at all to go all the way down to Vancouver and then go to Montreal for interview.

I actually went to Dr Cheema in Vancouver and I'm out of Edmonton as well. In the end it actually was cheaper when you think of what the cost of staying in Montreal is as to doing a day trip only to Vancouver and having them send you the results. I think the medical is also cheaper in Vancouver.

I did a day trip to Vancouver on the 1st to Vancouver and flew through the night to Montreal arriving today for my interview and flying back to Edmonton this evening. It's totally doable and was only $1000 total for both flights and I booked last minute.

I arrived early for both my medical and interview and had them completed before my actual scheduled appointments. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.

For today's interview I arrived at 7:10, went in just after 7:30 and was out of there at 8:30 since I was the first interview even though my appointment wasn't scheduled until 8:30.

Timeline

Regarding my passport, no I did not pick it up I paid for courier to a nearby post office. When you receive your interview letter they will send you a link about that. When my passport arrives at the post office thy will email me. Hope this helps! Edited by Canada2TheUsa

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Timeline

Hi Canada2TheUsa,

How are you? I also got my approved immigrant visa and I was migrated to US on March 03, 2017. I paid $420 (I130), $120 (AOS) and $325 (IV Fees). So does it including immigrant fees of $220? Or do I need to pay $220 separately to obtain my plastic Green Card? Please advise. 

Thanks 

Ashish

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.