Niels Bohr

Cambodian VJ Thread

419 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Bubbletea:

Get everything together that you need to send and send it Fedex. It will cost you around $52 for 1 pound. Put it all in order so your fiance will not have to do it. Fedex took me around five days to get it to my fiance but it is better than the post.

Good luck.

sam

Removing Conditions

11/26/07 Mailed I-751

03/27/08 10 year green card approved

N-400

12/01/08 Mailed

12/24/08 check cashed

12/23/08 Noa-1

01/14/09 Biometrics

03/20/09 Interview

05/05/09 Oath

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Yeah, I think Fedex is the best way to do it Bubbletea...Sending it by mail is risky.

Unfortunately, for me, I haven't received my package in the mail yet but I'm still heading out to Cambodia on Dec. 1 . I got an email from the Cambodian Embassy saying they sent the package Nov 4 so hopefully I can get it next week.

Does anyone know if it's possible I can just pick up the package at the embassy?

Timeline

Just an update, I did get my packet 3 by email (they sent the actual packet 3 to my old address). I'm very surprised and happy with the Cambodian email responsiveness.

Off to Cambodia next week with packet 3 in hand..

Timeline
Just an update, I did get my packet 3 by email (they sent the actual packet 3 to my old address). I'm very surprised and happy with the Cambodian email responsiveness.

GOOD LUCK!

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Timeline

Good luck MLD and have fun in Cambodia. By the way, how did you receive packet 3 by email? Did you request the cambodia consulate to sent it to you? Should I contact them for packet 3 or should I just wait until they sent to me?

03/12/08 Engagement Ceremony

06/16/08 I-129F send

06/23/08 NOA1 Hard copy received

06/23/08 Touched

07/09/08 Touched

07/10/08 Touched

11/05/08 NOA2 Notice date

11/10/08 NOA2 Hard copy received

11/12/08 NVC sent my petition to embassy

12/20/08 Packet 3 received by petitioner

02/10/09 Packet 3 sent

03/05/09 Medical Exam

04/01/09 Interview Date-Passed!

04/24/09 Visa pick up!

7/24/09 Arrive in U.S

8/12/09 Applied for Social Security Card

8/25/09 Civil Marriage

9/01/09 Apply for Green Card

11/09/09 Green card received

10122.gif

Timeline

Hi, I had changed my US address during the NOA2 process so I was worried that they might be sending my packet to the wrong address...Turns out that my hunch was right. They had sent it there and it was returned so that's why they emailed it to me.

It's up to you though, I don't think it would hurt to ask them to email to you....So far, they've been very responsive.

Good luck!

Timeline

I remembered when I was worried about Packet 3. I flew out to Cambodia and went to the Embassy directly. As a matter of fact, I went there multiple times enough for the workers to recognize me. It was a bad thing since they were adamant about following procedures. But, I got the job done.

Timeline

Niels Bohr, what about Packet 4? Here's my concern: While I am going to Cambodia to stay with my fiance for two weeks in December, I have also been asked by my employer to travel and stay in India to get some work done (I'm an offshore business consultant) while I was waiting for the visa. I took up the work (it's not a good time to push back on any work...) but I'm concerned how I'lll receive Packet 4. Is that another packet that can be emailed, do you know? Did you receive a packet 4 and what did it consist of?

Thanks.

Timeline
Niels Bohr, what about Packet 4? Here's my concern: While I am going to Cambodia to stay with my fiance for two weeks in December, I have also been asked by my employer to travel and stay in India to get some work done (I'm an offshore business consultant) while I was waiting for the visa. I took up the work (it's not a good time to push back on any work...) but I'm concerned how I'lll receive Packet 4. Is that another packet that can be emailed, do you know? Did you receive a packet 4 and what did it consist of?

Thanks.

I'd suggest to open a PO Mail Box in Phnom Penh. And, email the embassy to have them update the mailing address.

I don't know whether or not that packet can be mailed. Good to contact them through email. They may not respond if they have not received packet 3 yet. However, for my story, the Embassy sent a moto driver to deliver my packet 4 at my home in Cambodia. Sometimes the Embassy would call to have the person pick it up at the Embassy. Depending on who is doing to mailing, they could do either of the ways mentioned.

As far as what's inside packet 4, it has a letter that lists the order of your forms when you arrived for the interview. It also consists a direction to log-in and fillout the DS-form online prior to the interview. You must gather, and sort your forms and paperwork prior to the interview. And, there's a letter that must be brought to the door to admit you for the interview (this letter also contains the appointment date). The appointment is usually 1-3 months after you received packet 4.

Good Luck!

Timeline

Okay. Thank you for the advice. Good to know...

Due to the horrific terrorist episodes happening in Bombay the last few days, I'm not sure I'll be going to India for awhile so I might be doing packet 4 from the US. We'll see....

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello,

Just as an update Bubbletea or anybody else who is in the post NOA2/pre interview stage of the K-1, this process is quick so be prepared to get your paperwork in order as soon as you can. As per the instructions I was given in Packet 3, I submitted a DS-230 Form (along with a copy of her photo from her passport and the signed checklist provided in packet 3) for my fiance and expressed mailed it while I was in Phnom Penh on Dec. 4 and received Dec 8. Her interview has been scheduled for Dec 23. I have looked up our case using the following link: http://cambodia.usembassy.gov/scheduled_appointments.html

Now, in the instructions, we have also completed the following information:

DS-156

DS-156K

Beneficiary Birth Certificate, Family Book, Certificate of Celibacy (All translated and signed)

Beneficiary Police Certificate (Translated and signed)

Evidence Public Charge Provision (My 1-134 Affidavit of Support) (With necessary notarized signatures)

2 2x2 Photos of the Beneficiary

Info Packet with our Evidence of an Ongoing Relationship

All Required Medical Information after her scheduled medical at SOS

The problem I'm facing is packet 4. We haven't received it yet so if there's anything required in that packet, we only have a short time to assemble the info. Does anybody who has gone throught this process remember what Packet 4 specifically contains or requires for the beneficiary to present at the interview? Or does anyone know if there's any more info needed than what I listed above?

Thanks for your help and good luck everyone.

Edited by MLD

Timeline

MLD! I am glad to hear from you. Wow, things are going fast for you. You just mail in your Packet 3 and they already schedule your fiance for interview already!! From what I know, the interview took place between 2 to 3 months after they have receive packet 3. But I am happy for you.

As for me, I have not receive packet 3 yet. It is almost a month now since I heard from NVC. I wasn't sure if I should email to Cambodia U.S embassy to find out. But I will wait for one or two more weeks. Hopefullly I will hear from them soon.

Don't forget to keep us an update about how things goes. Good luck!!

03/12/08 Engagement Ceremony

06/16/08 I-129F send

06/23/08 NOA1 Hard copy received

06/23/08 Touched

07/09/08 Touched

07/10/08 Touched

11/05/08 NOA2 Notice date

11/10/08 NOA2 Hard copy received

11/12/08 NVC sent my petition to embassy

12/20/08 Packet 3 received by petitioner

02/10/09 Packet 3 sent

03/05/09 Medical Exam

04/01/09 Interview Date-Passed!

04/24/09 Visa pick up!

7/24/09 Arrive in U.S

8/12/09 Applied for Social Security Card

8/25/09 Civil Marriage

9/01/09 Apply for Green Card

11/09/09 Green card received

10122.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.