Niels Bohr

Cambodian VJ Thread

419 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Thanks Bubbletea, I agree ywith Neils Bohr you should email them....Remember to follow their email requested format of supplying your Case Number, Petioner Name and Beneficiary Name at the top of the email.

If you'd like, I can email you the zip file they sent me. It has the required forms to be completed.

While my fiance and I were at SOS in Phnom Penh waiting for her medical, we spoke with 5 other people who were also getting their medicals for the same reason. All 5 had interview dates and were scheduled faster than our interview date. So I think this a well run immigration service.

The sooner you can send in that DS 230 form with the checklist signed and the photos, the sooner they can schedule your interview.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello, just another piece of advice from my experience, make sure you get the police certificate for your fiance from the Ministry of Justice in Phnom Penh. We went in for the her interview this past Tuesday and found out we had the wrong Police Certificate issued from her local police. Unfortunately, because the certificate takes a least two days to process, the interview was postponed another week.....The wait continues.

Timeline

Hi, MLD

Thanks for give us on update on your interview. I hope everything going well with you and your fiance. I am now trying to gather information before I sent in my packets 3 since they may schedule the interview date right away after they receive the packets.

MLD, do you mind tell me what stuffs do you bring to the interview? I know that my fiance had to get cerficate of celibacy or single status. Where can he get this? How about Cerficate of engagement? Does it necessary to have one?

Good Luck on the next interview date!!

03/12/08 Engagement Ceremony

06/16/08 I-129F send

06/23/08 NOA1 Hard copy received

06/23/08 Touched

07/09/08 Touched

07/10/08 Touched

11/05/08 NOA2 Notice date

11/10/08 NOA2 Hard copy received

11/12/08 NVC sent my petition to embassy

12/20/08 Packet 3 received by petitioner

02/10/09 Packet 3 sent

03/05/09 Medical Exam

04/01/09 Interview Date-Passed!

04/24/09 Visa pick up!

7/24/09 Arrive in U.S

8/12/09 Applied for Social Security Card

8/25/09 Civil Marriage

9/01/09 Apply for Green Card

11/09/09 Green card received

10122.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Thanks Bubbletea. Interview went well and my fiance is picking up her Visa Jan 9.

For us at least, Packet 3 instructed us to complete DS 230, check off the checklist items, sign it and mail those together with a copy of the passport photo page of the applicant...

That gets things started. I believe once you complete the online form DS-156, then you'll be in their system for the interview. So, it's wise to get everything together now.

Depending on how much money you want to spend at the Ministry of Justice in Phnom Penh, it could take weeks to get the Police Certificate. I spent $100 to get them to do it in 2 days. They were actually all over the place with prices and times so I'm not sure if there are any standard fees.

My fiance got her Birth certificate, ceritificate of celibacy and family book locally in her home village near Battambang. That paperwork also will need to be translated into English. Pyramid is a good place to go for that in Phnom Penh.

Here's what Packet 4 instructs you to bring to the interview verbatim:

Your application will be refused if you fail to bring all required documentation. Required documents must be presented in the following order:

(1) This Appointment Letter

(2) Valid passport for each individual applicant. (VALID AT LEAST SIX MONTHS)

(3) Two color photographs with the measurement of 5x5 cm (print name and date of birth on the back)

(4) Form DS-156 (Nonimmigrant Visa Application),

DS-156K (Nonimmigrant Fiancé (e) Visa Application),

DS-157 (Supplemental Non immigrant Visa Application),

or DS-3052 (Nonimmigrant V Visa Application). You must answer all the questions.

(5) Birth certificate (original and one copy)

(6) Evidence of financial support: Affidavit of Support: Form I-134, a notarized offer of employment, or evidence of your own assets.

(7) Beneficiaries of family-sponsored petitions should bring with them all original documents used to establish the relationship between the petitioner and the beneficiary for presentation to the consular officer. Beneficiaries of employment-based petitions should bring a recent letter from the prospective employer confirming the essential elements of the job offer.

(8) Evidence of Relationship.

(9) POLICE RECORD required for applicants 16 years and older: Applicants are required to submit a police certificate for each locality of the country of the applicant’s nationality or current residence where the applicant has resided for at least six months. Police certificates are also required from all other countries where the applicant has resided for at least six months. Regardless of the length of residence, a police certificate must also be obtained from the police authorities of any place where the applicant has been arrested for any reason, regardless of the length of residence. Police records from certain countries are considered unobtainable. In Cambodia, the police record

(criminal record) is issued from the Ministry of Justice in Phnom Penh.

(10) MEDICAL EXAMINATION: All intending immigrants, regardless of age, are required to have a medical examination. Complete instructions for these examinations are contained in the attached instruction sheet.

(The documents listed from No.11 through 18 are not necessary in all cases.)

(11) Name change certificate (original and one copy).

(12) Divorce or Death certificate (original and one copy).

(13) Marriage certificate (original and one copy).

(14) Adoption registration (original and one copy).

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Hello to my fellow Cambodia member!

I just want to share the news with everybody here that my fiance has passed the interview. I want to say thank to you guys that help out with sharing the information and experience. Especially I want to thank to this site that provide the information for us. Without this site, I wouldn't know how to start the K1 process.

Good luck to those who still in the process!

06/16/08 I-129F send

06/23/08 Touched

07/09/08 Touched

07/10/08 Touched

02/10/09 Packet 3 sent

03/05/09 Medical Exam

04/24/09 Visa pick up!

7/24/09 Arrive in U.S

8/25/09 Civil Marriage

10122.gif

Timeline
Hello to my fellow Cambodia member!

I just want to share the news with everybody here that my fiance has passed the interview. I want to say thank to you guys that help out with sharing the information and experience. Especially I want to thank to this site that provide the information for us. Without this site, I wouldn't know how to start the K1 process.

Good luck to those who still in the process!

Congratulatons!!! You finally made it! When will your fiancee be coming to the US? Keep us updated!!

Filed: Timeline

first of all congratulation bubbletea.

I also have engagement photos but was told not to send it in but it's cambodian's tradition to have engagement ceremony.

So to send or not to send?

For those who have a certificate of citizenship. did you supply the A# on 1-129f or write "None"?

and the question for the certificate number, date, and place.

There's no place indicated on the certicate, only cert number and date. how do u fill that part out?

I'm also submitting my passport as a proof of citizenship.

my fiance mailed me her passport style photo but when compared to mine, her's is smaller...is this going to be a

problem?

Please help out if you could.

Timeline

I also have engagement photos but was told not to send it in but it's cambodian's tradition to have engagement ceremony.

For those who have a certificate of citizenship. did you supply the A# on 1-129f or write "None"?

There's no place indicated on the certicate, only cert number and date. how do u fill that part out?

my fiance mailed me her passport style photo but when compared to mine, her's is smaller...is this going to be a

problem?

Hi proudazn! I also had many combodian traditional engagement ceremony photos. I did use many of them because it showed me an my fiancee together with her family and friends. Also it showed the date on backdrop wall behind us. Take advantage of ANY and all proof you can use. Having too much proof is not a bad thing, in my opinion.

Timeline

problem?

Hi proudazn! I also had many combodian traditional engagement ceremony photos. I did use many of them because it showed me an my fiancee together with her family and friends. Also it showed the date on backdrop wall behind us. Take advantage of ANY and all proof you can use. Having too much proof is not a bad thing, in my opinion.

to your question about the passport photos being different sizes. My fiancee's passport that she made in Phonm Penh was just a little smaller, but it still was within regulation size. As long as its within that size range, they won't have to match exactly. US standard size is 2 x 2 inches (5cm x 5cm or 50mm x 50mm as was printed on my fiancee's from PP)

Timeline

problem?

Thank you Proudazn! When I first start my K1 petition, I have the same question like you concerning about engagement ceremony photos. with the help from the member here, I did sent in my engagement pictures. This is will make sense because it show that you are really have engagement ceremony according to our Cambodian culture.

About the certificate of citizenship, I did wrote my A# because I wasn't born in U.S. But if you was born in the U.S, I guess you put none on A#. For the place it was issued, it should be your home town or state. You might want to look again.

About passport, I copy mine page to page. it is not only tell them about proof of citizenship but it is also show them proof of the date you travel to Cambodia.

06/16/08 I-129F send

06/23/08 Touched

07/09/08 Touched

07/10/08 Touched

02/10/09 Packet 3 sent

03/05/09 Medical Exam

04/24/09 Visa pick up!

7/24/09 Arrive in U.S

8/25/09 Civil Marriage

10122.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

The size of the passport photo doesn't have to be exact dimensions. However, I photo take in Cambodia versus the one in the US, the photo in Cambodia gets modified by the development shop a little. It didn't matter. They accept my wife version of her passport photo.

The certificate issued location, I put the city and state where the citizenship oath ceremony took place.

GOOD LUCK!

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Hi guys, thank you for all of these replies. It's so helpful.

Now i feel better about the passport photo. I was about to call her to send me another one

with the exact dimension as mine lol.

I did look at my certificate, over and over again. there's no place indicated.

I was never swore into. I was a citizen through my parents and i got mine in the mail.

but when i look at my parents' naturalization certificates. theirs actually have a place indicated.

so do i just put "place N/A" or what?

prior to reading this particular forum, i was told not to put the A number b/c as a citizen you don't have

one anymore and just put "None" and the cert number, date, and place to

put "copy of US passport provided"

Thank goodness I found this forum. so stressful...just wanted to do this right and go smoothly.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.