irwinwill

'Notice was returned to USCIS'

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

I recived my NOA1 by email in October but never received the hard copy in the mail. Today I checked the status of my case and It now says 'Notice was returned to USCIS because the post office could not deliver it'. I've requested a copy of the notice through the e-notification as it asks you to do, my wife and I both live in Dubai and receiving mail by post is almost impossible, so i put down my wife's home address in the US for her mom to receive it.

My question is, even though we haven't moved, do I need to tell them my mailing address is that one in the US so any further notification doesn't get returned by the post office? I've read a few people say it's not important to receive the physical NOA notices as you don't need them for later down the line.

And also, is this likely to be an RFE notice or the NOA2? I'm a little frustrated there's no way for me to find out...

Any help or suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks,

W

The AR-11 form has both a physical address and a mailing address. I'd say put your current address for the physical address and your wife's mother's address in the U.S. for the mailing address.

The downside of not receiving the NOA notices in the mail is that you're not going to receive the RFE notices, either. Or any other paperwork they send you.

*Technically*, you could also be found in violation of the rules by not having "valid" addresses on file with CIS, but I don't think they'd really care.

Yes, update your addresses and use your mother-in-law's address for the mail.

Regards,
Bill

Edited by Bill and Vicky

Filed: Timeline

The AR-11 form has both a physical address and a mailing address. I'd say put your current address for the physical address and your wife's mother's address in the U.S. for the mailing address.

The downside of not receiving the NOA notices in the mail is that you're not going to receive the RFE notices, either. Or any other paperwork they send you.

*Technically*, you could also be found in violation of the rules by not having "valid" addresses on file with CIS, but I don't think they'd really care.

Yes, update your addresses and use your mother-in-law's address for the mail.

Regards,

Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your reply.

The problem is we haven't changed address, we both live in Dubai. There was never an option on the initial forms for a mailing address in the US. I don't want to fill out the AR-11 form because there shouldn't be need to.

I'm just a little unsure of how to proceed. And a little frustrated.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.