Jump to content

N600 Legitimated prior to 16 question

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi, I am applying for the N600. However, I am not able to obtain my parent's marriage certificate because they got married in a Village from Asia (one of those Asian traditional marriage) and during that time period it wasn't a thing in their society. Here's my question, what proof can I use to show that my father legitimated me prior to my 16 birthday?


1991: Came to the States with my mother and father and obtained GC

2000: My father became a US citizen, I was 13 at the time.

I have been living with my father and mother under the same residents when I was under 18. I also have my birth certificate with my father's name on it.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

A copy of your birth certificate with your father's name on it, and a copy of his naturalization certificate. I would think that's all you need.

You could also create a letter saying that your parents were married on this date in this village, and they didn't have written certificates. If you wrote a letter asking for it, and was told you couldn't have it because it didn't exist, include that with your evidence.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.