Snorlux

I-751 December 2016 Filers

2,136 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Cielle.Cielle said:

Nice, when did you file N400?

No idea, I wish I did. When I filed for N400 people were saying on the forum that their I751 was processed faster after filing for naturalization, doesn't appear to be the case any more haha.

December 2017

5 hours ago, Cielle.Cielle said:

No idea, I wish I did. When I filed for N400 people were saying on the forum that their I751 was processed faster after filing for naturalization, doesn't appear to be the case any more haha.

If it's any consolation (which it won't be, other than there are more of us in it together!), I got my NOA in the first week of Dec 2016 and am also still waiting. I filed my N-400 in mid-May so looks like I'll be waiting a while ...! I'm with you and Lordofemrys!!!!

Adjustment of status

10/03/14- Package (!-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 concurrent filing sent to Chicago Lockbox (Day 00)

10/06/14-Package delivered and signed for (Day 3)

10/13/14-Acceptance confirmation text messages/emails received (Day 10)

10/18/14-Paper notifications received in the mail (Day 15)

10/24/14-Biometrics appt letter received- 5th Nov (Day 21)

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 3:28 PM, Lordofemrys said:

Yes and my interview is next month . Even my senator got back to me that Uscis confirmed that they have sent my I 751 to my local office so I assume it’s just to adjudicate it together with n400. Wbu did you have an interview date yet?

Sadly, I haven't heard anything from them for N 400 Interview yet. I filed on Jan 2018

Well I was kinda worried too but when I checked my field office processing time it shows 6.5 month and I got an interview notice at exact 6months after filling n400 filled December 7 2017 recieved interview notice June 7 for July 12 . Which I know it will b a combo interview ,Definitely going with my wife and one more thing you can contact your senators cos the week I contacted my senator I got an interview and confirmation from my senator that my I 751 has been sent to my field office here in Jax . So keep

track of your local office processing time and you ll see the end of the tunnel soon.Good luck to everyone and God bless the United States of America .

Hi guys! I’m happy for all your approvals, must be such a relief! I’m still waiting for mine and trying my best not to let it mess with my mood. I filed at the beginning of December 2016, no n400.  Seems like I’m the one of a few people who’s still not processed. I actually came to the forum for advice I’m seeking desperately due to upcoming travel with a family that I planned long time ago (assumed I’ll be processed by now). Would appreciate your input on my questions: 

1) What are the possible reasons for a straight up denial of petition without RFE and interview? How realistic my fear of such outcome? 

2) If a denial does happen and I’m away, it seems like my residency is terminated and I won’t be able to enter the country as a resident? But what about popular belief that only judge can terminate your residency status? 

3) Would I have a chance to be paroled In and wait for the court? 

4) Am I just driving myself totally nuts and my fears are not realistic?   (I couldn’t find any case where i751 got a straight denial while away and petitioner couldn’t get in) 

At the top of that I’m going through depression and seems like loosing the ability to think rational.

18 hours ago, Lordofemrys said:

Well I was kinda worried too but when I checked my field office processing time it shows 6.5 month and I got an interview notice at exact 6months after filling n400 filled December 7 2017 recieved interview notice June 7 for July 12 . Which I know it will b a combo interview ,Definitely going with my wife and one more thing you can contact your senators cos the week I contacted my senator I got an interview and confirmation from my senator that my I 751 has been sent to my field office here in Jax . So keep

track of your local office processing time and you ll see the end of the tunnel soon.Good luck to everyone and God bless the United States of America .

Did you ask your wife to write a letter to the senator? Or we can write letter to the senator by ourselves? 

5 hours ago, frigatebird said:

Did you ask your wife to write a letter to the senator? Or we can write letter to the senator by ourselves? 

Well I did write to the senator but after two days the senator contacted me to sign some paper work which I did but to cut the story short the senator got back to me after a week that he needs my wife sign the paper work and not me . So technically your wife got to do it 

Edited by Lordofemrys

On 6/23/2018 at 9:30 AM, Marloon said:

Hi guys! I’m happy for all your approvals, must be such a relief! I’m still waiting for mine and trying my best not to let it mess with my mood. I filed at the beginning of December 2016, no n400.  Seems like I’m the one of a few people who’s still not processed. I actually came to the forum for advice I’m seeking desperately due to upcoming travel with a family that I planned long time ago (assumed I’ll be processed by now). Would appreciate your input on my questions: 

1) What are the possible reasons for a straight up denial of petition without RFE and interview? How realistic my fear of such outcome? 

2) If a denial does happen and I’m away, it seems like my residency is terminated and I won’t be able to enter the country as a resident? But what about popular belief that only judge can terminate your residency status? 

3) Would I have a chance to be paroled In and wait for the court? 

4) Am I just driving myself totally nuts and my fears are not realistic?   (I couldn’t find any case where i751 got a straight denial while away and petitioner couldn’t get in) 

At the top of that I’m going through depression and seems like loosing the ability to think rational.

Even if you get denial you have the right to appeal. About traveling, do not worry as long as you have a stamp on your passport and is not expired you will be good to go and come back. They may send you to secondary and make you wait like two hours but that is "normal" they just want to make sure you are not inadmissible and even if you were you can talk to an immigration judge just do not sign any documents. This as a worse case scenario but I am sure you will be fine.

3 hours ago, Removalofcond said:

Even if you get denial you have the right to appeal. About traveling, do not worry as long as you have a stamp on your passport and is not expired you will be good to go and come back. They may send you to secondary and make you wait like two hours but that is "normal" they just want to make sure you are not inadmissible and even if you were you can talk to an immigration judge just do not sign any documents. This as a worse case scenario but I am sure you will be fine.

I don’t think you can appeal from outside of US, so that’s why it’s so hard for me to go about my travel plans. Stamp is valid for a few months to come, I’m just super worried what happens if denial happens while I’m away. This is what 18 months of silence does to you... :( 

4 minutes ago, Marloon said:

I don’t think you can appeal from outside of US, so that’s why it’s so hard for me to go about my travel plans. Stamp is valid for a few months to come, I’m just super worried what happens if denial happens while I’m away. This is what 18 months of silence does to you... :( 

My advice . If your instinct ask you not to travel please stay back till you get approved . Best of luck 

2 hours ago, Lordofemrys said:

My advice . If your instinct ask you not to travel please stay back till you get approved . Best of luck 

Honestly, with all the anxiety I currently experiencing in my life (not only immigration wise), I don’t know where is a line between instincts or straight up paranoia that has nothing to do with reality. That’s why I came here for advise based on facts, knowledge and advices free of emotions that I’m lacking myself while my mind is running in circles.

3 hours ago, Marloon said:

Honestly, with all the anxiety I currently experiencing in my life (not only immigration wise), I don’t know where is a line between instincts or straight up paranoia that has nothing to do with reality. That’s why I came here for advise based on facts, knowledge and advices free of emotions that I’m lacking myself while my mind is running in circles.

Although applications ain’t denied like that . You need to take a deep breath and trust in God everything will be alright. Remember your life is very much important . Cheers

11 hours ago, Marloon said:

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/conditional-permanent-residence/remove-conditions-permanent-residence-based-marriage

go to the bottom of this page. You do have 30 days to appeal. If you are out of the country and you come back within those 30 days they will let you in to talk to an immigration judge. Denial is rare. So lets hope that is not your case. Do not worry too much, it is what it is friend.

Edited by Removalofcond
Misspelling

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.