Snorlux

I-751 December 2016 Filers

2,136 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, NeyNey876 said:

I honestly don’t know. If they were going based on filing priority we should have heard something by now. Don’t you think? It seems as though priority isn’t even being taken into consideration when processing these case files. I’m going to call again tomorrow and speak with someone who actually knows where my case is. 

Yeah, no idea what's the order they are processing the cases. Most call center employees don't have enough knowledge to answer our questions such as why the filers later us have gotten approvals while Dec. or Nov. filers still waiting. Why sometimes N 400 interview expects a combo with I 751 but it doesn't mention on the interview notice. They don't know how to check the location of the case often times. See if you can get hold of a more experienced customer service, pls let us know. Thank you.

I just got a call from USICS, follow up by tier 2 officer after I called this morning.

Honestly, I feel like I need to leave VJ and stop

torturing myself with this immigration limbo as it only gives me a serious anxiety, especially after this call. 

Ive been told there is a new rule that’s been issued 2 months ago: all cases from service centers are going to local offices. That does not mean there would be an interview for everyone, but all cases going to be processed  only there. And I have a loooongg time to wait because my case still at CSC and not yet transferred to local office. Also that my case “been worked on”  on a random date which is nowhere around my glitchy statuses online. 

I wasn’t sure if i even need to post it here because it’s upset me so bad and I don’t want to spread it, but I thought maybe this information have anything to do with recent transfers, I don’t know. I’ve been advised to keep getting stamps, that’s all I can do. 

Have anyone called recently or going to call to check up with tier 2? Is this information something totally new or you heard it before? 

Just as much as I was happy to see others approvals all past week, just as much I’m upset right now hearing that my case in Cali and going to be transferred to extremely extremely backed up local office sometime among all others........ :( 

Edited by Scazy

Just now, dlmbtltk said:

So, my letter was a interview notice!!! 

3 weeks from today :o:o 

Wow!!! Have you sent a lot of evidences in your original submission? I don’t know what to think! It’s either a random selection, or USICS phone call info that I posted above is correct, or maybe something in your case triggered it? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, Scazy said:

Wow!!! Have you sent a lot of evidences in your original submission? I don’t know what to think! It’s either a random selection, or USICS phone call info that I posted above is correct, or maybe something in your case triggered it? 

I'm a waiver case but I did send a lot of evidence back in aug 2016, still got RFE (pretty general list of documents they asked, most i had already sent), and now interview!!!! 

Just now, dlmbtltk said:

I'm a waiver case but I did send a lot of evidence back in aug 2016, still got RFE (pretty general list of documents they asked, most i had already sent), and now interview!!!! 

Oh in this case my CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You almost there! You August 2016 filler? That’s been a really long ride for you, I’m excited!   I’m sure you’ll be approved after interview. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Scazy said:

Oh in this case my CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You almost there! You August 2016 filler? That’s been a really long ride for you, I’m excited!   I’m sure you’ll be approved after interview. 

Thanks, I'm really nervous about this cause we never know how interviews will go, in what kind of mood they will be and how willing to listen, but yeah it's been a long and stressful ride so far. Do you know if people post anywhere here about i751 waiver interviews? I'm curious to see how it was for other people that went thru the same situation.

9 minutes ago, dlmbtltk said:

Thanks, I'm really nervous about this cause we never know how interviews will go, in what kind of mood they will be and how willing to listen, but yeah it's been a long and stressful ride so far. Do you know if people post anywhere here about i751 waiver interviews? I'm curious to see how it was for other people that went thru the same situation.

I think it’s depends on the officer, the documents submitted, the whole history of relationships and marriage, Im not so familiar with waiver cases, but I’m pretty sure if you have everything together and your marriage was legit you will get approved. 

I was under impression that you December filler, but since you filled in August 2016 id take this interview notice is a pretty amazing news! If you stressing too much about it then lawyer presence might help, even though it’s you who’s going to be replying on the questions and submitting evidences anyways. Whatever makes you feel comfortable. Let us know how it turn out for you and good luck!!!!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Scazy said:

I think it’s depends on the officer, the documents submitted, the whole history of relationships and marriage, Im not so familiar with waiver cases, but I’m pretty sure if you have everything together and your marriage was legit you will get approved. 

I was under impression that you December filler, but since you filled in August 2016 id take this interview notice is a pretty amazing news! If you stressing too much about it then lawyer presence might help, even though it’s you who’s going to be replying on the questions and submitting evidences anyways. Whatever makes you feel comfortable. Let us know how it turn out for you and good luck!!!!

Right, I hear ya. 

I think it’s normal to feel nervous, I never really enjoyed any kind of interviews. 

But I won’t bring a lawyer with me, I prepared everything myself and I don’t think I need to spend money to pay someone to be there when I’m the one answering questions. 

My ex told me while ago if I got a interview notice to let him know and if I’d like he would come with me to stay in the waiting room for support and even go into the interview room of the officer wanted that. 

So im thinking if that might be something I should do or not. 

19 minutes ago, dlmbtltk said:

Right, I hear ya. 

I think it’s normal to feel nervous, I never really enjoyed any kind of interviews. 

But I won’t bring a lawyer with me, I prepared everything myself and I don’t think I need to spend money to pay someone to be there when I’m the one answering questions. 

My ex told me while ago if I got a interview notice to let him know and if I’d like he would come with me to stay in the waiting room for support and even go into the interview room of the officer wanted that. 

So im thinking if that might be something I should do or not. 

In my belief and this is my belief only that a supportive ex after a recent divorce seems fishy. Sure people do split on good terms all the time. But in immigration cases that can easily be seen as a friendship marriage for immigration purposes where the USC can longer keep it due to changes in their life. 

The majority of divorces have atleast a no contact peroid to mourn the loss of a loved one and people usually want to move on and forget especially where no children were born. 

My advice to people is once there is a divorce decree, remove the ex from the process completely, no affidavits from them and no showing up as “support”.   

Edited by ApplyingforN400

Timeline
1 hour ago, ApplyingforN400 said:

In my belief and this is my belief only that a supportive ex after a recent divorce seems fishy. Sure people do split on good terms all the time. But in immigration cases that can easily be seen as a friendship marriage for immigration purposes where the USC can longer keep it due to changes in their life. 

The majority of divorces have atleast a no contact peroid to mourn the loss of a loved one and people usually want to move on and forget especially where no children were born. 

My advice to people is once there is a divorce decree, remove the ex from the process completely, no affidavits from them and no showing up as “support”.   

I understand your point 100%. My last two relationships ended in good terms and I am very close to both of them. Like I said he mentioned that he would come with me if I think that it would be helpful in any way, I just don’t know if I will ask him to or not. 

5 hours ago, dlmbtltk said:

I understand your point 100%. My last two relationships ended in good terms and I am very close to both of them. Like I said he mentioned that he would come with me if I think that it would be helpful in any way, I just don’t know if I will ask him to or not. 

@dlmbtltk just my two cents. I was reading on some ROC forum that multiple marriages is considered a redflag to adjudicates. When you say your last two relationships, if those were actual marriages that might be the reason you are getting an interview. So it might not be that serious they may just want to ask you questions to validate evidence. 

Did you & your ex-spouse attend an initial interview prior to recieving your CR-GC? Was there anything out of the ordinary that happened in that interview?

Be ready to get super personal in those interviews. 

16 hours ago, dlmbtltk said:

So, my letter was a interview notice!!! 

3 weeks from today :o:o 

Well... an interview is a progress in your case! Wish you a lot of luck!

Lifting Conditions                                                                Citizenship

CIS Office:  California Service Center                               Service Center:   Lewisville TX Lockbox

Date Filed:  01/19/2017                                                      CIS Office:           Greer, SC

NOA Date:  01/25/2017                                                      Date Filed:           03/06/2018

Bio App.:     02/15/2017                                                      NOA Date:           03/10/2018

RFE:                                                                                        Bio Appt.:             03/29/2018

Interview Date:                                                                     Interview Date:    07/12/2018

Approval:                                                                               Approved:

Got I551 Stamp: Yes                                                           Oath Ceremony:

Timeline
7 hours ago, Val2014 said:

@dlmbtltk just my two cents. I was reading on some ROC forum that multiple marriages is considered a redflag to adjudicates. When you say your last two relationships, if those were actual marriages that might be the reason you are getting an interview. So it might not be that serious they may just want to ask you questions to validate evidence. 

Did you & your ex-spouse attend an initial interview prior to recieving your CR-GC? Was there anything out of the ordinary that happened in that interview?

Be ready to get super personal in those interviews. 

Yes I was married twice but only filed for the GC on the sec marriage. 

Yes we did go to an interview back in 2014 and it was a great one. The officer was super nice, it was literally the best experience and nothing out of the norm happened , we were approved on the spot. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.