5 posts in this topic

Hi there! We are just starting our AOS, and I am so confused. I didn't realize that we had to supply yet another copy of the passport, BC, medical documentation, NOA2 etc while filing our AOS. The problem is, US immigration took that packet from Johann when he came in through Miami. Now we do not have that! What else can we use for medical documentation since they took it? Also, our lawyer (who is worthless and not helping anymore) advised us for Johann to apply for a SSN. He did, and now I am afraid that we did something wrong! I am definitely panicy bc we JUST got married March 17th, but we want to start now which I am sure ya'll understand. Any help???

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Trinidad & Tobago

4-18: I-129F Sent

4-25: I-129F NOA1

6-23: I-129F RFE

8-27: Sent RFE Reply

9-15: I-129F NOA2 FINALLY!!! Thanks be to you lord!

9-19: NOA2 by postmarked in snail mail (rcvd' around the 22nd)

10-12: Received e-mail from the NVC stating they recently forwarded our petition to the consulate! =)

10-17: Consulate received petition from NVC and mailed out packet 3 & 4

10-25: Johann collects Packet 3 & 4 from embassy!

10-27: Return information to the embassy!

11-7: Received Packet 4

11-28: INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE DID IT~ APPROVED

12-1: Visa Picked up from Embassy

12-23: Johann is coming to the STATES! Yay!

3-17: It's a GREEN Wedding!!!

picture051ay0.th.jpg

"Though miles may lie between us, we're never far apart, for friendship doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart."

- Rozina Hasham

americanflagyj1.th.giftrinidadflagmf1.th.gif[/font][/color][/font]

I was so overwhlemed when we started filling out the AOS papers, but its not as difficult at it feels when you first start to look at everything.

The medical done for the K-1 visa is good for one year. If the medical is less than one year, you do not have to submit a new one. USCIS willhave it in the file (they receive it after you enter at the POE). BUT you do need to visit a civil surgeon and get the medical supplement form. Take a copy of your vaccinations (or the copy from the medical vaccination sheet you received during the medical for the interview) and a civil surgeon will compelte the medical for you. The charge should be approx $25 unless you need for vaccines. They will then give you a seal envelope witht eh form and you send this in with the AOS paperwork.

ETA: It's fine to apply for the social security card at this stage/

Edited by mybackpages

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

I was so overwhlemed when we started filling out the AOS papers, but its not as difficult at it feels when you first start to look at everything.

The medical done for the K-1 visa is good for one year. If the medical is less than one year, you do not have to submit a new one. USCIS willhave it in the file (they receive it after you enter at the POE). BUT you do need to visit a civil surgeon and get the medical supplement form. Take a copy of your vaccinations (or the copy from the medical vaccination sheet you received during the medical for the interview) and a civil surgeon will compelte the medical for you. The charge should be approx $25 unless you need for vaccines. They will then give you a seal envelope witht eh form and you send this in with the AOS paperwork.

Thanks for replying! So USCIS will have everything there then, so we don't have to mail that in? As far as the medical, what do we do if we don't have anything at all? Everything the doctor gave us went in to a sealed envelope and was given to immigration!

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Trinidad & Tobago

4-18: I-129F Sent

4-25: I-129F NOA1

6-23: I-129F RFE

8-27: Sent RFE Reply

9-15: I-129F NOA2 FINALLY!!! Thanks be to you lord!

9-19: NOA2 by postmarked in snail mail (rcvd' around the 22nd)

10-12: Received e-mail from the NVC stating they recently forwarded our petition to the consulate! =)

10-17: Consulate received petition from NVC and mailed out packet 3 & 4

10-25: Johann collects Packet 3 & 4 from embassy!

10-27: Return information to the embassy!

11-7: Received Packet 4

11-28: INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE DID IT~ APPROVED

12-1: Visa Picked up from Embassy

12-23: Johann is coming to the STATES! Yay!

3-17: It's a GREEN Wedding!!!

picture051ay0.th.jpg

"Though miles may lie between us, we're never far apart, for friendship doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart."

- Rozina Hasham

americanflagyj1.th.giftrinidadflagmf1.th.gif[/font][/color][/font]

Thanks for replying! So USCIS will have everything there then, so we don't have to mail that in? As far as the medical, what do we do if we don't have anything at all? Everything the doctor gave us went in to a sealed envelope and was given to immigration!

With the AOS paperwork you must include the mudical supplement form completed and sealed by a civil surgeon. (form I-693a - by the way I-693 is the medical itself). Can your usband get a copy of his vaccination records from his doctor or by contacting the doctor who completed the medical for the interview?

If you have no records of the vaccinations, the doctor can do a blood test to see what shots he did have (I am not sure if this test works for all required vaccinations) or he can simple get the shots again! (YIKES!) If you have to get new vaccinations try to find a city clinic in your area, it wil lbe cheaper than having the civil surgeon admister the vaccinations.

The best bet is to contact the doctor where the medical was taken for the interview and see if they will fax you a copy of the vaccination record. It is just one page.

Some people have submited the AOS paperwork without the I-693a and USCIS never asked for it, but most of the time you get a RFE because it was not enclosed.

Edited by mybackpages

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.