Timeline

Congratultions

I-129F Sent : 2016-04-27
I-129F NOA1 : 2016-05-03
I-129F NOA2 : 2016-07-11
NVC Received : 2016-08-04
PKT3 Received : 2016-08-10
Interview Date : 2016-10-31

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 69 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 181 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Good afternoon everybody.

On 14th November 2016 , date of my interview. I arrived to US embassy at 8:10 am ; my interview at 8:30. I was waiting outside (entrance one by one)....etc.

Arrived inside and paid the visa fee at 8:35 am. after that i took a seat waiting for the agents inside to call my name. they called my name at around 11:15 am.it was very stressful to wait for more than 2 hours and half. but it's the procedure.

I arrived to the counter , an algerian guy asked me the following documents as usual for K1 visa:

- Birth certificate with translation

- military card with translation ( I have it , but if you didn't bring it with you it's not a big deal)

- Non mariage certficate for both me and my fiancéé

- Evidence of support ( I gave them only Tax transcript of 2015 ,

It was very stressful to wait more than 2 hours

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Please ignore the previous post , it was sent by error

Good afternoon everybody.

On 14th November 2016 , date of my interview. I arrived to US embassy at 8:10 am ; my interview at 8:30. I was waiting outside (entrance one by one)....etc.

Arrived inside and paid the visa fee at 8:35 am. after that i took a seat waiting for the agents inside to call my name. they called my name at around 11:15 am.it was very stressful to wait for more than 2 hours and half. but it's the procedure.

I arrived to the counter , an algerian guy asked me the following documents as usual for K1 visa:

1- Birth certificate with translation

2- Military card with translation ( I have it , but if you didn't bring it with you it's not a big deal)

3- Non mariage certficate for both me and my fiancéé

4- Evidence of financial support with all forms required , (for tax transcript, I have them for both years 2014 and 2015 , but the guy asked me that he need only 2015).

5- Evidence of relatioship ( I gave him all what I have , and of course the guy took everything) . This is just to clarify this point , below what I attached in the evidence of relatioship

· Our Story ( just describe briefly your story , 7 or 8 lines is ok)

· Photographs of first meeting ( I have only 2 pictures)

· Photographs of second meeting (8 pictures)

· Photographs of both families together ( 8 pictures)

· Photographs of of both families together during union ceremony ( EL FATHA , I make around 30 pictures)

· Samples of Viber discussion and screenshots ( I did the screenshots for our discussions and a screenshots for our video chats)

· Samples of Facebook discussion and screenshots ( I did the screenshots for our discussions and a screenshots for our video chats)

· Some shared pictures via social network (Facebook and viber)

· Phone log history and viber calls

· Others ( boarding documents ,gift bills and some expected wedding places)

One finished with that guy in nearly 10 minutes then I returned back to my seat. Few minutes later he called me again and told me to return at 1:30 PM for the interview. I left the embassy , make a round outside and returned back to the embassy ; I entered at 1:30 with another person (K1 visa) , so only me and him inside the ambassy , everything very calm , so it generated more stress….

At 1 :50 I heart may name, straight to the counter 7 . I found an amerian girl . she was very kind. She tooks 2 minutes typing on her desk then she told me let’s start the interview. And the questions that she asked me are very usual , such as

- Tell me about your fiancéé

- How old are she

- How old are you

- Where did you meet her for the first time

- When does she visited you

- What does she do for living

- How did you got in touch with your fiancée

- When did you decided to get married

This is all the questions that I was asked , the interview was very calm and I liked it. At the end she told me « I’m happy to approve your visa »

Good luck for evrybody.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Congratulations !!!!

the lady seem very friendly and easy .. i hope everyone will get her for their coming interview.

good look for the rest

PS: can you please copy and paste your experience on embassy review page (it will stay there and easy to see by the following applicant)

K-1 Visa:

05/12/2016 -- I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
05/19/2016 -- NOA1 email and text, case routed to California Center (WAC) ==== NOA1 Date 05/18/2016
07/20/2016 -- NOA2 email from USCIS case Status and USCIS App ===== Case approved in 63 Days
08/03/2016 -- NVC Case # and Invoice ID Assigned
08/15/2016 -- Packet 3 Received (email)

09/19/2016 -- Finally the embassy open interview date after long wait ... 35 Days (interview scheduled for Oct 10)

10/05/2016 -- Medical done. but no sealed envelope given.

10/10/2016 -- Interview day 1 ( pay the fee, deliver paperwork, finger printed ... and told to comeback tomorrow to be interviewed by a CO )

10/11/2016 -- Interview day 2 ( AP with g221 for missing medical )

10/19/2016 -- VISA ISSUED

10/23/2016 -- VISA in hand 

AOS:

Spoiler

12/22/2016 -- POE

12/30/2016 -- Marriage

01/14/2017 -- AOS mailed to Chicago, IL

01/25/2017 -- 3 NOA1 emails and texts (I-485 / I-765 / I-131), case routed to MSC

02/06/2017 -- Biometrics Appointment Notice Received in mail, Appointment Feb 13, 2017

04/20/2017 -- EAD (only) Approval text & email notification (day 96 since case filled, 93 since received, 86 since NOA1)

04/28/2017 -- EAD /AP combo card in hand

09/01/2017 -- AOS Approval text & email notification (day 230 since case filled, 227 since received, 220 since NOA1) Approved in 7.5 Month, Interview waived

09/09/2017 -- Green card in hand

ROC:

Spoiler

06/08/2019 -- ROC mailed to Dallas, TX

06/13/2019 -- NOA text , case routed to EAC

07/06/2019 -- BIO Apt Received for July 17. Notice date 06/28/2019

07/17/2019 -- Biometrics Done

05/19/2020 -- ROC Approval text & email notification (11 Months since NOA1)

05/27/2020 -- Card Received

N400:

Spoiler

05/18/2023 -- Online file 

05/18/2023 -- Case in Active Review, Biometrics Waived (notice of Reuse)

07/19/2023 --  Notice for Interview Schedule on August 26, 2023

08/26/2023 --  Interview approved, oath ceremony scheduled on August 29, 2023

08/29/2023 --  Oath Ceremony completed .... US citizen !!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.