Jump to content

Job Location Change After I-140 Approval

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts


I'm employed as a Full Time with my current employer and GC is in progress, have I-140 approved with my current job title. Since my current job does not require to be in office always and can be very well performed from home office am thinking to settle down in one place where it is affordable and school district is good. So I'm thinking to move Location A to Location B.

In order to move I got to know that I have to apply new LCA and H1 Amendment for the home office location(Texas) which my employer agreed to do so.

After reading through many forums I got to know these below options if I move to new location(B different state).

1. Restart the GC process.

i.e Redo labour certifcation and I-140 again

2. Return back to same location(A) where Labor was originally certified when eligible to file I-485 application.

i.e This does not require Labor re-application process

I'm planning to choose Option 2 which gives me flexibility that I do not need to undergo the lengthy Labor and I-140 application process.

Now, my questions are

1. if I return to back to location(A) where LCA was originally certified then how long do I need to stick to that location ? Assuming that I apply I-485 from Location A and receive my EAD card.

2. It is possible to change the Job or location after 180 days if I-485(AOS) is in pending state through AC21. However if I with same employer and with same title can I just change the job location ? If so what is the process I need to follow.

Please let me know your insight or have come across this situation or experienced from any one. Really appreciate it.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi skvbalaji - can you please let me know what you ended up doing? I am in exactly the same situation as you and wanted to know what you ended up doing. Thanks in advance for your help

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.