Wesselshyne

SLEC medical exam.. PASSED!!

1 post in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone.. just wanna share my experience during my medical at SLEC..

Sept. 27, 2016.. From iloilo, me and my brother arrived at Manila around 7.45am, took grab a car (as adviced by many, dont take a taxi, they will charged you too much) twas not that traffic at that time, from airport to paragon tower hotel, it only took us around 40 mins. Arrived really early at the hotel,. Paragon hotel is just a few steps away to SLEC.. beside our hotel is Hotel Soriente,. But i suggest u better stay at Paragon tower hotel, than hotel soriente.. those two hotels are nearest at SLEC..

Sept. 28, 2016 , woke up 4am.. twas really raining sooo hard,. Went down the hotel 4:30am.. still raining.. sobrang lakas.. me and my brother waited for few minutes before going to slec. But it seems that the rain wouldnt stop, we both decided to go to slec.. arrived at slec 4:45am.. no lines outside since its raining.. applicants with complete requiremnts are allowed to get inside. Guards will check ur passport and photocopy of it, ur visa photos, you need to have 4 of it with ur name at the back on each of the photos, appointment letter and if you had registered online, you need to print out the confirmation page or confirmation email.. (wc u should be doing to avoid hussle in filling up forms at slec) since all of my requirements are complete, guard gave me a number.. i got #5 on online applicant and he then put a stamp on my hand.. went inside, since my brother is not an applicant, he cant go with me inside.. inside, you will be instructed by the guards to seat according to your number..

we waited for a couple of minutes, at 6am.. windows are open,. Guard started to call out numbers,. Since my number is 5, i was called on the first batch,then we directly went to windows. I think i was on window D. Lady then ask me to hand her my requirements. While she was checking it she asked me

0. Name/dob

0. Whos ur petitioner

0. Relationship to petitioner

0. Address in US

0. Educational attainment

0. She let me rechecked the infos on my ol confimation.

And thats it.. she gave me back my passport and the front page of my appointment letter and told me to keep it because i need it on my interview. She also gave me a receipt, she then instructed me to go to 5th floor and pay for the medical fee.. then i took the elevator and went directly to 5th floor.. since the cashier is still close, again the guard instructed us, to hold our receipt and keep our passports, then he also told us sit down and that will serve as our line when the cashier opens.. 7am cashier opened.. we started lining up infront of the cashier. Then we paid 11,300 pesos. But theres a note on the cashiers window that starting oct 1, 2016 der will an increase for medical fee.. it wud be 16k plus.. (i forgot it twas 16,300 or 16,800.. am not really sure) after i paid, she gave me a receipt and instructed me to go to 4th floor for blood works (be sure to ALWAYS keep ur receipts with u)

Went down to 4th floor, dis tym i used stairs coz its more faster than the elevator.. went to a room, twas first come first serve on bloodworks. My turn, got scared coz needles are really long hahaha.. but who cares! I just need to pass the medical exam haha.. girls, always remember the first day of ur last menstruation coz they will ask you a million times.. couple of questions were asked before the medtech got some blood.. then she got my bloodtests done. I didnt feel anything. Ang galing ng medtech! Promise..

After that i went down to 3rd floor (if my memory serves me ryt lol) for the horrifying chest xray.. went directly to the counter thing handed my passport and some receipts. And the assigned staff der wer kinda suplada.. she handed some forms to fill up and she instucted me soooo damn fast that i couldnt even understand what the hell is she talking about!! der were lots and lots and lots of elderly persons der and my gaddd!! They are old and they had a hard time gilling up the forms.. so those elderly keep on asking the staff and they wer like shouting at them.. they should have treated the elderly with respect not because they are paying for the medical fees but because they are older than u.. i havnt got a chance video that situation coz twas fast! But not all staff namn are suplada some are really nice and accommodating.. ok after we fill up the forms we returned it back and we waited and waited and we waited for our names to be called for chest xray. Then after an hour, thank u! They called my name and instructed me to go inside the xray room. Inside there will be a dressing room. And we were instructed to undress, just our tops and our bras,just dont b picky because you will be sharing a dressing room.. the xray tech then call us one by one. My turn,. Am Really scared becoz if the xray show even the smallest spot or scar, . U know what will happen.. u wnt pass the medical exam! but it only took less than a minute and am done. I was just praying that time that my xray will be clear..

then after xray went to 2nd floor for immunization interview.. went directly to the counter thing handed my passport and receipts then the staff nurse gave me another form to fill up. Then after that i returned it back to him and again he instructed me to sit down and wait. After 45mins or so, went inside the doctors room.. i handed der my form,.. i was surprise she asked me in ilonggo hahaha i was soo happy.. the doctors are really reallly nice.. she ask me some basic infos regarding my health history. Then ask me if i had bakuna, i showed her mine. Then asked me if i already had chicken pox . I said yes, and she said she needs to see chicken pox scar atleast ONE! And luckily i have a chicken pox mark on my nose. Yes! On my nose.. hahaha.. she told me, ill be given 3 shots tomorrow.. and am done..

And went up at 5th floor for vitals and physical exam. Again, i took the stairs up. Went straight to vitals, nurse ask me if i took the stairs going coz my bp was 130/70 haha. I said yes.. But she said its still in a normal range. Then she took my weight. Then again i waited for a couple of minutes and my name was called . Went inside the small room, the guy nurse took again ny weight then height, then eye test. . After that i waited for a couple of mins. Then my name was called. The staff gave me the receipt my passport and a number. And he let me sit outside room 5 for physical exam. Now my turn, . The doctor was pretty shes nice all the time had some couple of questions then viola!! Proceed to p.e.. since i already knew the drill,, even b4 the doctor told me to undress, i am already undress.. ofcourse i wore a labgown.. then she said , that was fast.. hahaha.. then i lay down.. then she went on checking.. everything.. just think of it that ur visiting your gynecologist.. but that was fast, . Less than 4 mins and am done. Then wait again outside.. after like 15mins the nurse called my name and handed me the receipt and told me to go back tomorrow at 8am sharp for the results.. exactly 9:20am am done with my day 1 medical.. day 2--- still raining.. i woke up around 6am.. and cried coz i was really scared that time. What if my result will be sputum??? Well anyway.. went a little early to slec around half past 7. Gave my passport and receipt to the guard and the guard look up for my name in the computer and he stampped sumthing.. i didnt see wat he stampped but he told "2nd floor poh eto maam, pero maupo muna kayu at hintayin lg na tawagin pangalan nyu" he den returned my passport but he didnt return the receipt. I was like a little confused coz he was returning the receipts of some applicants wether it has a imminization stamp or sputum. I was scared! I txted my husbad and told him everything. Though he was assuring me that 2nd floor is immunization, am still confused. I went back again to the guard station and ask him why he didnt returned my receipt.. he said nothing but to wait.. waited for 30 mins, still my name wasnt called.. some of my friends are done with immunization.. after 15 minutes hooooraaahhh!! My name was called and i went up to 2nd floor for immunization. I got 3 shots.. (some got 4 shots) twas a little painful but bearable.. then went down again and waited for 15mins then my name was called for releasing.. the nurse gave me the sealed envelope and cd and some papers. Instructed me not to open the envelope. And am done!! Yeyey!! I cant thank God enough that i passed the medical exam.. i was just totally happy at the time. Went back at the hotel before 10am called my husband and my family about the good news..

Here's the link of my experience during visa interview at us embassy..

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/612479-f2a-spouse-visa-interview-approved/#entry8339975

Thanks everyone and goodluck on your future medical exama and visa interview. Godbless

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.