2 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone, My Husband had his Interview with the London Embassy yesterday. Everything went well, although they did ask him to file a waiver. We were prepared and somewhat expecting that he would have to file for this Waiver, therefore he had the Waiver form, along with MY letter of hardship, and ALL supporting documents, ready for him to file Yesterday But...Our confusion is...

The Consular officer asked him if he had included HIS Letter of Hardship. Since we have ALWAYS been led to believe that the "Letter of Hardship" needed to come from the American Citizen, my Husband did NOT have a letter of Hardship prepared!?!?!? So...he couldn't file the Waiver yesterday while at the Embassy. He is now in the process of working on "his" hardship letter?!?!?!?

My question is... Is my Husband responsible for filling out the actual waiver form as well? (Because the one that we had prepared for him yesterday, was filled out by Me.)

Any help and or information that ANYONE can provide in this will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thanks in advance for any Information that any of you can provide, and Lots of Luck to Everyone on their Visa Journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hello Everyone, My Husband had his Interview with the London Embassy yesterday. Everything went well, although they did ask him to file a waiver. We were prepared and somewhat expecting that he would have to file for this Waiver, therefore he had the Waiver form, along with MY letter of hardship, and ALL supporting documents, ready for him to file Yesterday But...Our confusion is...

The Consular officer asked him if he had included HIS Letter of Hardship. Since we have ALWAYS been led to believe that the "Letter of Hardship" needed to come from the American Citizen, my Husband did NOT have a letter of Hardship prepared!?!?!? So...he couldn't file the Waiver yesterday while at the Embassy. He is now in the process of working on "his" hardship letter?!?!?!?

My question is... Is my Husband responsible for filling out the actual waiver form as well? (Because the one that we had prepared for him yesterday, was filled out by Me.)

Any help and or information that ANYONE can provide in this will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thanks in advance for any Information that any of you can provide, and Lots of Luck to Everyone on their Visa Journey.

London is the only embassy I have heard of in the past 2 years that requires a HSL from the beneficiary as well.

The form you had prepared was for HIM - you don't need a waiver.

The embassy should be able to walk you through the steps.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.