T_McCann

US Visa Medical - Dr Charles Ogralik

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Guys,

I had my Visa Medical today in Melbourne, just thought I would share it with you...

I head to reception to check in and she asks for the passport photos. I then take a seat. (It was a really busy morning). I'm called in by the nurse who is really polite and friendly. She takes my height, BP and weight. We have a bit of a chat and then she does an eye test (You basically stand at a distance and read the letters of an eye chart).

The nurse directs me to a Doctors office and says Charles won't be too long. Dr Ogralik comes in and introduces himself. He is very formal and straight to the point, but not in a nasty way. He does a passport check and asks a few questions regarding address and contact number etc.

He then asks about general health questions, any family (hereditary) issues, how many times I've been hospitalised. He also asked a lot of questions regarding mental health (I thought it was a lot of questions) and a lot of questions regarding heart problems (Possibly because I had a murmur when I was younger).

He does the general throat check, temperature check and and gets his stethoscope out.

This is the fun part (Not).... I lied down on the bed in my underwear and he hid all the pokes and pulls and twists (Im guessing to make sure I don't have any lumps, bumps, bruises or rashes) and he didn't seem concerned or worried about anything just told me to lose a bit of weight as it would help to lower my BP (Mind you I'm big and broad with size 13 feet but not fat or obese).

He went over vaccinations and I had to get a booster. Dr Ogralik made small talk, was polite and very straight to the point.

In the same building is dorevitch pathology (the guys that take blood and wear the green shirts.) The lady was very professional and took blood swiftly and I didn't feel a single thing. She then presented me with a cup and said a urine test is required.

That was all done and I proceeded to reception to pay $605 AUD. With my receipt and another form, you have to go to MIA imaging to get the chest X-ray in Malvern... it took about 30 mins to get to on foot, but the X-ray is all done in less than 30 seconds, literally. Its just one picture.

I hope this helps and good luck to all of you :)

Timeline

Hi KirstyD,

You are welcome for the Info.

The doctor asked If I had my baby book (That yellow book and all it had in mine was 2 injections, so it wasn't helpful), I talked to my local GP about the US Medical about 4 months ago when I received NOA1, he took some blood and did what they call a serology test, this just determines which vaccinations you have had, he also took blood to check kidney, liver and all that as well as urine. I went to Dr Charles Ogralik with a pretty nice file from my local GP.

Charles is great, If you don't have any medical records on you, don't stress at all.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Ok thanks T_McCann. Do you think I will need ot get the blood tests too prior to see which injections I have had? I do have everything written down but will probably not be helpful haha.

Timeline

I'm honestly not too sure. If you don't have any records, you will just need to get some boosters. I only needed the Boostrix which has a few different vaccines in the one! :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.