crazysauce

Never saw AP status

128 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I just received respond from the embassy saying this:

Dear Ms Frankovich

Thank you for your email.Our records indicate that the administrative processing on your case is still ongoing. PLease wait.

:cry::cry::cry:

Hi Anna - I think the fact that they replied is a very good thing. Obviously, they are processing it for you, otherwise they would have replied and told you that you didn't qualify for a visa. I know waiting is very hard... but I think it's better to wait, knowing you're going to get it, as opposed to being told you didn't get it and knowing right away. It's a challenge to wait.... but hang in there and you will get it too :)

@Adam Smith, they will email you the tracking # then Canada post will email you your tracking # too. If you didn't get it today wait till tomorrow.congrats once again

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Hi Anna - I think the fact that they replied is a very good thing. Obviously, they are processing it for you, otherwise they would have replied and told you that you didn't qualify for a visa. I know waiting is very hard... but I think it's better to wait, knowing you're going to get it, as opposed to being told you didn't get it and knowing right away. It's a challenge to wait.... but hang in there and you will get it too :)

Thank you Adam I hope so and Im happy for you....when this thing ends Im gonna buy you a drink in the states:)

All of you:)

Edited by Anna Frankovich

Timeline

Thats awesome! I'm happy to hear that your status is making some progress :)

Yes Thank god after two months..the first time they touched when I sent an email and two days after that today...Lets see what happens tomorrow and next week...hey I just wanted to ask in ten days me and my husband are celebrating our second anniversary if they call me after that and issue the visa its gonna be IR1 right? I learned on this forum about the difference between CR1 and IR1 silly me :huh2:

Yes Thank god after two months..the first time they touched when I sent an email and two days after that today...Lets see what happens tomorrow and next week...hey I just wanted to ask in ten days me and my husband are celebrating our second anniversary if they call me after that and issue the visa its gonna be IR1 right? I learned on this forum about the difference between CR1 and IR1 silly me :huh2:

Can you please tell me what the difference is between CR1 and IR1?

Timeline

Well both are spousal visas but IR-1 will receive 10 year validity versus CR-1 will receive 2 year validity green card.CR-1 needs to file I-751 to remove the condition for your Green Card for 2 year validity, and need to prove your marriage is indeed maintained with same person for those 2 years. There are some exceptions, but you have to file I-751 to remove the condition. You can file I-751 from 90 days prior to expiry date to expiry date, and if you miss it, you will loose your legal permanent resident status.

If you and your wife are married for two years or more when you enter usa then you will get the IR1 green card,if you enter usa before your second anniversary you will get CR1 gc. This is what I learned here on the forum :)

Edited by Anna Frankovich

Well both are spousal visas but IR-1 will receive 10 year validity versus CR-1 will receive 2 year validity green card.CR-1 needs to file I-751 to remove the condition for your Green Card for 2 year validity, and need to prove your marriage is indeed maintained with same person for those 2 years. There are some exceptions, but you have to file I-751 to remove the condition. You can file I-751 from 90 days prior to expiry date to expiry date, and if you miss it, you will loose your legal permanent resident status.

If you and your wife are married for two years or more when you enter usa then you will get the IR1 green card,if you enter usa before your second anniversary you will get CR1 gc. This is what I learned here on the forum :)

Wow! Didn't know that. Thanks for explaining it to me :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.