kiny

Visa approved but not issued.

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My husband had his interview on feb 21st, the visa was approved and they told us it's going to be isssued the following week but it's been five weeks now and no visa as of yet. Contacted the montreal consulate a couple of times and all they tell us is to wait and if i ask them is the visa in security clearance or something they just say that we can't disclose that info to u...then yest I called the DOS as advised by someone here on the forums and she told me right away that your visa is pending security clearance and it's in AP. I asked if it was something common or something I should be concerned about, she said it's pretty common and our case looks good so we should be done soon...but since my husband was born in Pakistan i am taking it with a grain of salt....any guesses if we'll get it within three months...I've been hearing stories from people that they had to wait for years :( if that's the case then i'll have to leave my job and move to Canada to be with my husband...normally how long do security clearances take if the case is good...do u think it's agood idea to ask them next time who's doing the checks meaning the FBI or the consulate? Aren't they supposed to give us a pink slip or say something during the interview if the visa is going to be in checks for a long time? they never said anything ot my husband.

Thanks,

Kiny

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Immigration Journey Blog "Still Waiting For the Visa"

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

I-130 Sent : 2006-01-13

I-130 Received: 2006-01-17

NAO1 Received: 2006-01-24

I-129F Sent: 2006-02-03

NAO1 Received: 2006-02-13

I-129F Touched: 2006-02-25

I-130 Approved: 2006-06-07

AOS fee bill/ DS-3032 Received: 2006-07-15

DS-3032 mailed: 2006-07-18

NOA2 for I-129F Not Recieved

Letter from NVC Recieved for 129F processing 2006-07-19

Packet3 for I-129F recieved from Embassy 2006-07-27

I-864 instructions and form Received: 2006-08-09

Case Complete 2006-11-21

IR1 interview letter recieved from NVC 2007-01-18

Interview on Feb 21st, 2007!!!

Visa approved at interview but stuck in AP for over a year :(

AP/Security clearance finally finished: June 6th, 2008

Montreal Embassy requested police cert/meds again as they have expired : May 30th, 2008

Filed: Timeline
My husband had his interview on feb 21st, the visa was approved and they told us it's going to be isssued the following week but it's been five weeks now and no visa as of yet. Contacted the montreal consulate a couple of times and all they tell us is to wait and if i ask them is the visa in security clearance or something they just say that we can't disclose that info to u...then yest I called the DOS as advised by someone here on the forums and she told me right away that your visa is pending security clearance and it's in AP. I asked if it was something common or something I should be concerned about, she said it's pretty common and our case looks good so we should be done soon...but since my husband was born in Pakistan i am taking it with a grain of salt....any guesses if we'll get it within three months...I've been hearing stories from people that they had to wait for years :( if that's the case then i'll have to leave my job and move to Canada to be with my husband...normally how long do security clearances take if the case is good...do u think it's agood idea to ask them next time who's doing the checks meaning the FBI or the consulate? Aren't they supposed to give us a pink slip or say something during the interview if the visa is going to be in checks for a long time? they never said anything ot my husband.

has your husband went to the embassy to talk to someone face to face? my husband's interview was march 6 and was told up to 10 business days and no visa. well after several calls and emails, we got no answers so today my husband went to the embassy and they forgot to mail it. so they handed him his passport with visa to him today. I wish the best for you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.