sunlight999

Oath needs to be reschedule, what do I do?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Two weeks ago I received the oath ceremony letter and it was on a date that I would be out of the country, so I mailed the form back with a letter stating the dates I will be unavailable to attend, the letter was sent and delivered (confirmed with tracking) to the local USCIS Office in NYC 10 days ago, I haven't heard anything back since. Today I was an update from the USCIS website, saying that the oath needs to be rescheduled because I did not appear, it's almost like this is expected to happen, lol! Did they even read the letter I wrote to them? Or this is just an automated message. What should I do? Send them the same letter again and expect it may not be read again?

Edited by sunlight999

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My wife rescheduled with no issues. We received the notification and we were going to be out of the country on that date. We sent in cancellation request and got confirmation of the cancellation request. While we were gone, a new oath ceremony letter was issued to us. She attended that one and now a citizen. We didn't encounter any issues at all.

Filed: Timeline

So I received the letter last week saying I didn't attend the oath and they will reschedule it for you. Should I write them another letter for rescheduling? Or should I wait for their reschedule letter to arrive then see if the date is any good?

As far as I understand there is no way to call anyone in the local office (26 Federal Plaza in Manhattan) regarding this matter right? I would be the most efficient and also the quickest way to get it resolved. Otherwise I feel there is somewhat a lack of communication by just using letters.

Edited by sunlight999

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.