Ezombik

Request for Initial Evidence

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I submitted his AoS paperwork at the beginning of August. We then received a Request for Initial Evidence on 9/9.

It states that:

1. The petitioner/sponsor lists their current income on form I-864 as an amount to be considered sufficient, however no evidence has been submitted as proof of current income.

I just graduated college in May and finished student teaching. I was offered a teaching position in May, but didn't begin classes until August. So from January to my first paycheck Sept. 2nd I had no pay. I did submit a letter from my employer stating all the information that was required. Could this have been because I didn't submit paystubs, but just the letter?

2. Submit all supporting tax documentation submitted to the IRS for most recent tax year.

I have been reading about submitting tax transcripts with this instead of copies of my W2 and tax return. Is this a good idea? Also, which transcripts do I submit since there return, record of account, account, and wage and income transcripts?

3. Based on the documentation submitted with Form I-864, affidavit of support, for the petitioner/sponsor, the income did not meet 125% of the poverty guideline for the petitioner/sponsor's household size.

My income is above the poverty guideline for a household of 2 people. Was this possibly put on their because I didn't submit paystubs as proof of income? I'm worried about this because I don't know if we'll be able to get a joint sponsor. I didn't think we needed one because my income was enough.

We have a meeting scheduled with InfoPass this Wednesday mainly to see why we require a joint sponsor when my yearly salary is enough. Just seeing if this has happened with anyone else and to get some advice. Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.