BackWhereIBelong

Forum like this in Japanese?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I have found this forum to be very helpful, both from support from members, and information on process, especially this guide: http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

The problem is, my wife cannot understand this level of detail in English and we need something similar in Japanese.

Also she has not been able to find a good forum like this in Japanese, but I am sure they exist.

Does anyone have info on either of these?

(Google translate is not an option....)

My fiancee is Japanese. She found many blogs and sites in Japan that answered a lot of her questions and concerns. With a little effort, I'm sure your wife can too. If anything, you can post a question here that she might have in the Japan portal section. She can write in Japanese and someone can respond in Japanese. The main forum is English Only.

http://www.visajourney.com/portals/index.php?country=Japan

In practice the work is falling on me. With work, being back in the US, and a number of other equally demanding Life issues, I am only able to do this with the time I have.

What would really help is a Japanese language forum (which she says she has searched for but not found) and a complete translation of http://www.visajourn...tent/i130guide1 or something similar.

My concern is she leaves in a few days and has not grasped the amount of effort required on her part while there and before she comes back as a visitor while CR-1 is in progress.

In practice the work is falling on me. With work, being back in the US, and a number of other equally demanding Life issues, I am only able to do this with the time I have.

What would really help is a Japanese language forum (which she says she has searched for but not found) and a complete translation of http://www.visajourn...tent/i130guide1 or something similar.

My concern is she leaves in a few days and has not grasped the amount of effort required on her part while there and before she comes back as a visitor while CR-1 is in progress.

My sympathies on the work load. Many of us are in similar situations. So, you are filing an I-130 and a CR-1? Are you married yet? Has anything been filed and what Visa is she visiting on? If you are married, I am surprised she is able to visit. I am going to guess she is on an ESTA? She will have to answer purpose of trip at the point of entry. She has to say visiting fiance or boyfriend truthfully. It's then up to the Customs Office to decide to let her in or not. This is guesswork on my part but it seems that way from your post.

As far as a Japanese I-130 translation. I'm sorry, I am not aware of one. Just ask in the Japan Portal the straight question. "Hi, is there an I-130 translated to Japanese anywhere?" You don't need to say anything else.

We've corresponded offline but for the greater benefit, some answers to the above.

I was looking for a Japanese version of the process, not the forms. The process as is in the link I posted:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

That, and an online forum similar to this one in Japanese.

We've been married for years, so it would be the IR-1 process.

Regarding visiting on ESTA while married (anyone please jump in here with any comments) - that is not an issue as long as she does not try to change status on the trip.

And we /she aren't/isn't (unless we attempt an AoS after speaking with USCIS, but we probably will not as near-unanimous consensus suggests that is very risky).

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello All i got my NVC case no. For NOA2 sept 15

I got a question but im not sure if this is the right thread.

If not, please tell me where to post.

I received an NVC email, responding to my inquiry and it says below

Foreign State Chargeability: PHILIPPINES

U.S. EMBASSY

1-10-5 AKASAKA, MINATO-KU

TOKYO 107-8420

JAPAN

What does Foreign State Chargeability means? I dont understand why it is "Philippines" when i am a Japanese Citizen but born in Philippines.

Does anybody had this experience?

Can i change it to Japan?

Foreign State of Chargeability

The independent country to which an immigrant entering under the preference system is accredited. No more than 7 percent of the family-sponsored and employment-based visas may be issued to natives of any one independent country in a fiscal year. No one dependency of any independent country may receive more than 2 percent of the family-sponsored and employment-based visas issued. Since these limits are based on visa issuance rather than entries into the United States, and immigrant visas are valid for 6 months, there is not total correspondence between these two occurrences. Chargeability is usually determined by country of birth. Exceptions are made to prevent the separation of family members when the limitation for the country of birth has been met.

It's because you were born in the Philippines looks like regardless of your citizenship.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Foreign State of Chargeability

The independent country to which an immigrant entering under the preference system is accredited. No more than 7 percent of the family-sponsored and employment-based visas may be issued to natives of any one independent country in a fiscal year. No one dependency of any independent country may receive more than 2 percent of the family-sponsored and employment-based visas issued. Since these limits are based on visa issuance rather than entries into the United States, and immigrant visas are valid for 6 months, there is not total correspondence between these two occurrences. Chargeability is usually determined by country of birth. Exceptions are made to prevent the separation of family members when the limitation for the country of birth has been met.

It's because you were born in the Philippines looks like regardless of your citizenship.

Thank you very much for taking time to respond!

It was a big help!

Have a nice day ahead

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.