Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

I-485 application - Issues with birth certificates

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
I need some help with the birth certificate issues.
Case 1: I was born in 1978 at home, so have no hospital record. My birth was registered late, i.e. in 2008. It contains all the details, place, DOB, parent’s name. As secondary evidence, I have my Class X certificate from ICSE board which has my name and DOB. I also have a college leaving certificate with my name, my father's name (has initials only for his first name) and DOB that I got from my university after finishing my graduation. Additionally, I have Aadhar card which has my name, my father's name and DOB. As tertiary evidence, I have got affidavits from my parents, a paternal aunt and a cousin who is around 19 years elder to me.
Case 2: My wife is from Tamil Nadu and there are issues with her name. She was named BBBB at birth but as there is a practice in TN she writes the initials of her father's name (XXZZ), as her first name. So, all her documents contain her name as X. BBBB SURNAME. Same way her father’s name is C. XXZZ SURNAME (where C is derived from her grandfather’s name CDE) and her mother’s name is X. GGGG SURNAME (where X. is derived from her husband’s name XXZZ). (Complicated! I know!).
Now as passport office does not allow the use of initials, her name on passport is XYZ BBBB SURNAME and her fathers and mothers name as CDE XXZZ SURNAME and XXZZ GGGG SURNAME. Her birth was registered within 2 days but the birth certificate contains her name as only BBBB SURNAME and the names of her father and mother have same issues, i.e. their names are written as XYZ SURNAME and GGGG SURNAME. This was the best we could get as there were some other issues with birth certificate which we got corrected but they were not ready to write initials against the names. She has got class X certificate with her DOB, her father's name there but having just initials for his "full" first name (i.e. C. X. Z. SURNAME). Her mother's name is written just as her first name and surname (i.e. GGGG SURNAME). She has also got affidavits with full names spelled out from her mother, her maternal and paternal grandmothers and maternal aunt. She also has aadhar card which has her name as X. BBBB SURNAME and her father’s name as is C. XXZZ SURNAME. She also has PAN card with her name as X. BBBB SURNAME but her full father’s name, i.e. CDE XXZZ SURNAME.
Please let me know will the secondary and tertiary evidence be fine in both cases or is there something else I should include. Also, in case 2, how to detail these complications to the officer in the cover letter? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...