Love_A_Brit

Vaccination record - clarification

4 posts in this topic

Hi all, do we need to provide a complete vaccination history at the medical exam, or just proof from the doctor that the required vaccines have been administered? Thanks!

Hi all, do we need to provide a complete vaccination history at the medical exam, or just proof from the doctor that the required vaccines have been administered? Thanks!

Just the proof that the required vaccinations have been given

I got a print out from my GP :)

Everything crossed for a smooth and stress free journey

At my medical I took the immunization records I had. The people at Knightsbridge were really nice except for the nurse who dealt with immunization part of the medical, she was not particularly pleasant and quite abrasive. My tetnus was done in 2010, it is good for 10 years but she was insisting I needed another, also I had some records showing immunity for Rubella as well as having had an MMR along with childhood history of both mumps and measles, again she was insisting I needed this done. I really don't believe in unnecessary vaccinations and said I would sort things out once in the US. Thankfully on K1 you have that option.

I went to the medical office next to USCIS in Tampa yesterday taking everything I took to the London medical, I explained what I needed, they were happy to run titre tests for immunity if required, but after checking my paperwork they said I was up to date on everything, no other shots were required and the Dr. signed off all the paperwork. If I had not stuck to my guns it would have been and additional 70.00 for something which was not needed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.