kc_03

USEM Manila requires separate CENOMAR for the petitioner and beneficiary?

12 posts in this topic

Hi guys! I need your help coz i'm quite confused. I recently inquired at USEm manila thru email if my physical case file is already with them and they confirmed that it's ready for my scheduled interview. They also stated in the email that they reviewed my docs and was advised to bring Cenomar from my petitioner which is my husband and a cenomar copy for me (the benefeciary). What made me confused is that, why would they ask for a separate cenomar for me and my husband when the details of the cenomar are just the same. Is there anyone out there who undergone the visa interview that was required cenomar for your spouse and the applicant? Looking forward to your inputs. thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

Please take time to read. Posted my link below. Should you have questions, let me know. Good luck and God bless on your interview. :)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/610559-cenomar-for-my-filipino-usc-petitioner-k1/?view=findpost&p=8314038

Thanks for providing this. i figured i should really get the cenomar for my husband just to be sure. I've requested that yesterday at the NSO. Now my problem is, my husband has a suffix on his name. When I got my cenomar last month, his name on the bride/groom portion reflected as JUAN III Z. DELA CRUZ (example) instead of the usual JUAN Z. DELA CRUZ III. When I raised the concern since I'm already at NSO, I was told yesterday that it's really how their system is programmed for names w/ suffix. but I'm not that convinced coz for me, if it doesn't reflect the same as the other documents, it means it's not my husband. And i'm worried that USEM will think that way as well and for sure it'll be a problem for me. Do you know anyone that has encountered the same as mine?thanks!

Thanks for providing this. i figured i should really get the cenomar for my husband just to be sure. I've requested that yesterday at the NSO. Now my problem is, my husband has a suffix on his name. When I got my cenomar last month, his name on the bride/groom portion reflected as JUAN III Z. DELA CRUZ (example) instead of the usual JUAN Z. DELA CRUZ III. When I raised the concern since I'm already at NSO, I was told yesterday that it's really how their system is programmed for names w/ suffix. but I'm not that convinced coz for me, if it doesn't reflect the same as the other documents, it means it's not my husband. And i'm worried that USEM will think that way as well and for sure it'll be a problem for me. Do you know anyone that has encountered the same as mine?thanks!

Is your husband a Filipino but naturalized US citizen?

Check my timeline for K-1 visa & AOS details

Conditional Permanent Resident: 16 September 2014

Conditional GC Expires: 16 September 2016

ROC Journey (CA Service Center)

2016-Sep-14: I-751 form, check, supporting docs sent USPS Priority Express

2016-Sep-15: ROC application received & signed for by Lakelieh

2016-Sep-15: NOA receipt date

2016-Sep-19: $590 check cashed by USCIS

2016-Sep-20: NOA/ 1-year extension letter received in mail

2018-Feb-26: ROC case transferred to local office

2018-Mar-06: ROC approved via USCIS website (WAC status check)

Timeline

Hello. Glad that you've read it, i do hope it helped. :) About your concern, i'm sorry.. i do not have any idea about it nor anyone i've known that encountered such. For me, it would be best to inquire to some agency or maybe a lawyer here or in the US before your interview so that you will avoid being issued a 221g or being in an AP status.

Let's wait for the vjers that will respond here. They're also helpful and knowledgeable. :)

my Filipino fiance and become naturalized us citizen ;)

Edited by butterfly9

Hello. Glad that you've read it, i do hope it helped. :) About your concern, i'm sorry.. i do not have any idea about it nor anyone i've known that encountered such. For me, it would be best to inquire to some agency or maybe a lawyer here or in the US before your interview so that you will avoid being issued a 221g or being in an AP status.

Let's wait for the vjers that will respond here. They're also helpful and knowledgeable. :)

Naturalized US citizen :)

My fiance is a naturalized us citizen

My question was directed to kc_03. If the husband is a Filipino naturalized citizen, then the petitioner's CENOMAR or CEMAR will be required so the embassy can determine if there are other marriages listed (other than the current one) and if there are, whether they have been annulled.

Timeline

My question was directed to kc_03. If the husband is a Filipino naturalized citizen, then the petitioner's CENOMAR or CEMAR will be required so the embassy can determine if there are other marriages listed (other than the current one) and if there are, whether they have been annulled.

You're right. :)

Timeline

Edited by butterfly9

my Filipino fiance and become naturalized us citizen ;)

How did he naturalize? Did he marry a US citizen and is now divorced or through family petition? US Embassy just wants to make sure there are no secret marriages out there. As you know, quite a few Filipinos who are petitioned by parents end up marrying secretly in the Philippines but in their immigration forms, they don't report their marriages because if they did, the petition's priority date will take much longer to become current.

Timeline

I understand that. He was petitioned by his mom. I didn't know when i went to my interview that i will be asked for his cenomar. I requested for it in PSA after my interview and called them today and they said it's already in USEM. I am not sure of what to do to be sure if it's already in USEM. Should i wait or call USEM? Will they disclose such information? I do hope and pray that this will be over soon so I can be with the love of my life. :)

@butterfly9 - my husband was petitioned by his mom. We got married when he was still on LPR status.

My fiance, too.. petitoned by his mom

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.