marmax

Toronto Medical Review

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So I had my medical on Monday the 19th and thought I'd share my experience.

I took the train into Toronto Union Station and caught the subway to St Clair West, simple, no transfers.

The office was a couple short blocks up from there and could be seen from the corner of St Clair West and Bathurst.

I arrived about an hour early but was given the form to register right away. No health questions, name address, date of interview, again, simple. The receptionist was extremely busy but pleasant enough.

She took my passport, my passport type photo and my vaccination/test records. Kept the photo and copied the others and returned them.

After about 20 minutes I was shown to a room, still well before my scheduled appointment time.

The Dr came in and introduced himself and shook my hand, asked me some basic health questions regarding any known health conditions, made some notes and took my blood pressure.

Then he gave me requisitions for the chest x-ray and blood and urine tests along with a vial and sample jar to be used at the lab. He saw I was from out of town and noted to have my records sent via courier and that a tracking number would be e-mailed to me once it was on it's way. I paid the receptionist and was done there.

The x-ray was at a clinic located in the basement of the same building and easy to find. Only a couple of people waiting and I was still out of there before my scheduled appointed time upstairs.

The lab tests were done at LifeLabs on Bathurst, across St Clair West and easy to find, although he does provide a map. This is where the waiting started. All seats in the waiting room were taken and many more were standing and waiting. The attendants were extremely busy and some folks were napping while they waited. My attendant was pleasant and professional and I was out around noon.

My take aways from this experience were that as medicals go, at least in my experience, it was cursorary to say the least. Advice regarding the lab work: if you are able to, book an appointment online with the lab while you are waiting at the Dr's office. Easy enough to do, sign up online and follow instructions found there. This will shortened any wait time as scheduled patients are seen before walk-ins. For those who don't mind a wait, bring a book. I was able to plug in my phone to keep a charge in both the Dr's waiting room and the lab's.

Now I wait and gather paperwork for my Montreal interview on October 26th.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions, I'm more than happy to help out. This site has been such a blessing.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sounds like it went really well. I was surprised that it didn't take the whole day. That was my biggest worry. Were you able to choose what date and time your appointment was?

AOS

2/10/2017 -> AOS Package (I-485, I-864, I-765, I-131) mailed to Chicago Lockbox by USPS

2/21/2017 -> NOA1 received through text and email! 

2/23/2017 -> Physical NOA1 received for all three

3/02/2017 -> RFE (initial evidence) received, needed to send 2016 tax return (filed after package was sent out)

3/10/2017 -> Biometrics letter received.

3/24/2017 -> Biometrics appointment scheduled. 

4/29/2017 -> EAD/AP card received. =)

waiting game begins.....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.