Thairi

I-751 September 2016 Filers

2,935 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 hours ago, zuluweta said:

I am traveling outside the US on March 15 and coming back March 25.

If my ROC gets approved while I’m outside the country, will that invalidate the I-551 stamp on my passport? The stamp is valid until August 2018. I am very worried it will complicate my reentry into the US. Please advise.

Hi, 

No it will not invalidate your stamp. I asked this question to an officer when I was coming back home from Europe. You may get sent to secondary inspection depending on the office. Do not get nervous, all they do is check your case status. You will be in and out in a few minutes. Best of luck. 

7 hours ago, sidelcampeador said:

i just filed a case inquiry and it says i should expect a reply by march 23. Its just sad, i don't even get angry anymore. NOA 9/21/16

Same response I got when I called last week. We shall see. :)

17 hours ago, xilef said:

Have any CSC September-2016 filers been approved since the whole "BULK UPDATE FIASCO" from earlier in the week ? If so, where did your approval letters come from ? CSC or the local field office ?

I got approval immediately after my case showed it was transferred to the field office this week, and received the approval letter in the mail today. It is still out from CSC in Laguna Niguel.  

image.png.73ae55c4e382d4e6a1fc844f0a21d0b2.png

Edited by Fay2017

3 minutes ago, Fay2017 said:

I got approval immediately after my case showed it was transferred to the field office this week, and received the approval letter in the mail today. It is still out from CSC in Laguna Niguel.  

@Fay2017 Thanks for the update, when was your case approved ? Since you were this close to approval already, I'm wondering if CSC just went ahead and approved the same ? What's your NOA1 date ?

1 minute ago, xilef said:

@Fay2017 Thanks for the update, when was your case approved ? Since you were this close to approval already, I'm wondering if CSC just went ahead and approved the same ? What's your NOA1 date ?

NOA1 Sept 13, 2016, and approved on Monday, Feb 26. 

Edited by Fay2017

31 minutes ago, Fay2017 said:

image.png.73ae55c4e382d4e6a1fc844f0a21d0b2.png

Congrats!!!!!👏🏻 Your case status still showing it's received at local office right? Good to know!

My wife's approval letter came today but we already received the green card a few days earlier :D. Her approval letter has the address of the Nebraska service center

35 minutes ago, A&K_2013 said:

My wife's approval letter came today but we already received the green card a few days earlier :D. Her approval letter has the address of the Nebraska service center

So to clarify, the envelope had the Nebraska address, but the actual letter has the address of my local office here in Columbus, OH. 

On 3/1/2018 at 9:07 AM, WCLA said:

did you get the notification by mail or text from USCIS?

Hi, 

I received the notification via mail. And today, I just received my actual green card. But when I checked on the case status online, it hasn't changed at all. It is still "Case was Received" status. So I am thinking, the My Case status site is not really  being updated. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.