Yu Red

Question about police clearance/NBI clearance

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I have police and NBI clearance from philippines.

Questions:

1. Can I use NBI clearance?

2. Police clearance is expired. It's okay to use this? Or should I get another one.

3. When I request the police clearance, I didn't know what is the purpose. So they put "Travel Abroad". Is it okay?

4. In police clearance I put the address where I lived in Philippines. But in NBI clearance I put the address in Japan.

So what should i do? help pls.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Can you give us more information about where you have lived before and which country you are getting the police report from?

Are you living in Japan now? You will need police reports from each country that you have lived in for more the 6 months.

You will need a new police report if yours is expired.

We got our police report from Japan, it didn't expire but we did send the original to immigration by mistake so we requested a new one to have for the interview. We put the reason down as moving to the states, the took don the information from our NOA. You technology are going abroad so I think its okay if you put that down for the reason, but you can be more specific if you like

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Can you give us more information about where you have lived before and which country you are getting the police report from?

Are you living in Japan now? You will need police reports from each country that you have lived in for more the 6 months.

You will need a new police report if yours is expired.

We got our police report from Japan, it didn't expire but we did send the original to immigration by mistake so we requested a new one to have for the interview. We put the reason down as moving to the states, the took don the information from our NOA. You technology are going abroad so I think its okay if you put that down for the reason, but you can be more specific if you like

I'm living in japan. I'll get my japanese police clearance next week.

I got my police clearance&NBI clearance from Philippines. But the police clearance is expired and the information written in the clearance is wrong. Can I just use the Philippine NBI clearance instead of Police clearance?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

If you have the time, I would recommend getting new copies of both.

On all of the paperwork for the visas, they specifically ask for a police report.

If you don't mind having your case possibly delayed, you can try.

If you want to be safe, get a new police report and a new NBI

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

I'm living in japan. I'll get my japanese police clearance next week.

I got my police clearance&NBI clearance from Philippines. But the police clearance is expired and the information written in the clearance is wrong. Can I just use the Philippine NBI clearance instead of Police clearance?

You can get NBI clearance from the philippine consulate in Japan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.