Hccaldwe

Accepted Document Change for Honduras

32 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline

I'm a little confuse. I reade some instructions from the US embassy website, and it says birth folio is for visas T. Y visas U . Please let me know if I'm wrong.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

This is just a heads up to people applying for visas in Honduras the accepted birth and marriage certificates have changed. The Expediente de Vida is no longer accepted. No forma literal is accepted. Just the Inscription de Nacimiento and the Inscription de Matrimonio. Confirmed with the supervisor. This changed a month ago while we were being reviewed, right after we submitted. Which is just the worst. The supervisor was actually really sorry, because we sent the right documents and still have to resend and we will lose 5 weeks for nothing, but maybe somebody else is compiling their IV packets with forma literals.

Note the website still says forma literal even though inscriptions are not forma literal.

Hey I just got married in Honduras sept 24, and wanted to started the process for my wife, I m confused as to whether I have to send the I-130 with the check for the fee alone or do I have to send all the evidence with the petition all together. please help as I know its a lengthy process and want to get started as soon as possible

Timeline

Hey I just got married in Honduras sept 24, and wanted to started the process for my wife, I m confused as to whether I have to send the I-130 with the check for the fee alone or do I have to send all the evidence with the petition all together. please help as I know its a lengthy process and want to get started as soon as possible

Check the guides here. But you need the I-130 G-325As Evidence Passport Photos. You need all of it.

March-16-2016 : Sent I-130
March-19-2016 : Delivered
March-24-2016 : NOA1 Text/Email
March-27-2016 : NOA1 Hard copy

June-15-2016 : NOA2 Text/Online

June-21-2016 : Sent to NVC

July-05-2016 : Received at NVC

July-08-2016 : DS-261

July-28-2016 : Sent AOS/IV Packet

July-29-2016 : Received AOS/IV Packet

August-26-2016 : Received Checklist

Sept-14-2016 : Received Response and Expedite Request

Sept-19-2016 : Expedite Approved (Lost 3 weeks due to supervisor review and document change)

Sept-21-2016 : Case Sent to Embassy

Sept-23-2016 : Case Received

Sept-30-2016 : Interview Scheduled (Oct 26th) 

Oct-26-2016 : Interview Approval

Nov-4-2016 : Visa In Hand

Nov-8-2016 : POE - Houston 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

August-8-2018 : Set Date to Mail I-751

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Did the RNP give you a authorized copy of the Inscripcion de nacimento or just a copy of the original? On another paper ...copia fiel del respectivo original with seal

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
On 16/9/2016 at 2:27 PM, Hccaldwe said:

This is the form they want. Our is handwritten. When are you submitting? Screenshot_20160916-162335-01.jpeg

Good night!

I am going to my interview on January 30th. I am very confused as well about the Birth Certificate. Thank you very much for clarifying that. So my mom got my bith certificate which in this case is the copy of the  folio from the RNP in Valle de Angeles and the person incharge put the stamp and sign it in the back of the sheet. I hope this is what they are asking for. I really appreciate your help.Thanks!

Edited by Kimi Rivera

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 10/1/2017 at 9:58 PM, Kimi Rivera said:

Good night!

I am going to my interview on January 30th. I am very confused as well about the Birth Certificate. Thank you very much for clarifying that. So my mom got my bith certificate which in this case is the copy of the  folio from the RNP in Valle de Angeles and the person incharge put the stamp and sign it in the back of the sheet. I hope this is what they are asking for. I really appreciate your help.Thanks!

Copy of the folio is what we took. Exactly like the one in the my post that you quoted. There was a stamp on the back and a signature. That's it. 

March-16-2016 : Sent I-130
March-19-2016 : Delivered
March-24-2016 : NOA1 Text/Email
March-27-2016 : NOA1 Hard copy

June-15-2016 : NOA2 Text/Online

June-21-2016 : Sent to NVC

July-05-2016 : Received at NVC

July-08-2016 : DS-261

July-28-2016 : Sent AOS/IV Packet

July-29-2016 : Received AOS/IV Packet

August-26-2016 : Received Checklist

Sept-14-2016 : Received Response and Expedite Request

Sept-19-2016 : Expedite Approved (Lost 3 weeks due to supervisor review and document change)

Sept-21-2016 : Case Sent to Embassy

Sept-23-2016 : Case Received

Sept-30-2016 : Interview Scheduled (Oct 26th) 

Oct-26-2016 : Interview Approval

Nov-4-2016 : Visa In Hand

Nov-8-2016 : POE - Houston 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

August-8-2018 : Set Date to Mail I-751

• 4 months later...
Timeline
On 1/26/2017 at 8:32 PM, Hccaldwe said:

Copy of the folio is what we took. Exactly like the one in the my post that you quoted. There was a stamp on the back and a signature. That's it. 

Hi we got the folio it looks exactly the same except for the right hand corner it does not have grandparents listed. We got it from the city he was born. Yours had the grandparents listed?

Timeline
On 9/16/2016 at 3:27 PM, Hccaldwe said:

This is the form they want. Our is handwritten. When are you submitting? post-227788-0-98161500-1474057509_thumb.jpeg

Thank you very much for your help. That it is what I got and had no problem at the embassy. I am already in the US waiting on my AOS. How is your process going? 

Timeline

the form looks different depending on the city they were born my wife's had the grandparents listed and she was born in San Luis Santa Barbara and I was born in tegucigalpa and mine didn't have the grandparents listed. they were both accepted at the embassy. heads up depending on the place you were born it can take from 2hours up to 8 days for them to hand the document to you. so go in a timely manner

Timeline
1 minute ago, erickm716 said:

the form looks different depending on the city they were born my wife's had the grandparents listed and she was born in San Luis Santa Barbara and I was born in tegucigalpa and mine didn't have the grandparents listed. they were both accepted at the embassy. heads up depending on the place you were born it can take from 2hours up to 8 days for them to hand the document to you. so go in a timely manner

Ok, thank you! Yes we already have it it took them about 2 days. I was just worried about this because I saw the example. Do you know anything about the police report then needs to be obtained in tegucigalpa? Family over there needs to get it for us and I have been told by people they may need power of attorney but on the state department site is says only a letter of authorization and request.

Timeline
54 minutes ago, Adreamer said:

Ok, thank you! Yes we already have it it took them about 2 days. I was just worried about this because I saw the example. Do you know anything about the police report then needs to be obtained in tegucigalpa? Family over there needs to get it for us and I have been told by people they may need power of attorney but on the state department site is says only a letter of authorization and request.

You get the police records at the DNIC before it was called DPI in Tegucigalpa. Maybe this link is helpful to you http://www.laprensa.hn/honduras/907177-410/comience-trámite-de-antecedentes-policiales-vía-internet . I did the application online so It was easier when I went there to get them. They say that you have to wait 8 days, but they gave it to me the same day. You pay 200 Lempiras. They do say that it has to be personal so I do not know what to tell you there. 

• 2 years later...
On 9/6/2016 at 5:33 AM, Hccaldwe said:

This is just a heads up to people applying for visas in Honduras the accepted birth and marriage certificates have changed. The Expediente de Vida is no longer accepted. No forma literal is accepted. Just the Inscription de Nacimiento and the Inscription de Matrimonio. Confirmed with the supervisor. This changed a month ago while we were being reviewed, right after we submitted. Which is just the worst. The supervisor was actually really sorry, because we sent the right documents and still have to resend and we will lose 5 weeks for nothing, but maybe somebody else is compiling their IV packets with forma literals.

Note the website still says forma literal even though inscriptions are not forma literal.

Thanks for the info, however i did sumbitted my copy of folio , followed with the literal an it was rejected.( Not i know, the literal is not accepted) But i also had the correct one there.

I received these message:

Please replace this with an acceptable birth certificate from a correct issuing authority. Please use our Document Finder at https://nvc.state.gov/find for acceptable documents guidelines.

Has anyone experience a similar problem?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.