chicha

Address change during ROC - only 1 receipt # accepted

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Made a big move over the end of month and would like to make sure this is right:

My ROC is still pending. I have two receipt #s associated with my case. The first one when I submitted the petition, and the second one after biometrics (which is the one I look up case status with and the one that appeared on RFE notice).

When I changed address online, I tried to list both numbers but in the end only the FIRST was accepted.

Does that sound right? I am a big skeptical that the second EAC number was not accepted.

Thank you!

------------------------------------------------------------

2003-08-21: first visit to US on F-1

2009-09-17: first met ex-spouse

2013-05-14: re-entered US on K-1

2013-05-20: married to ex-spouse

2013-12-27: received conditional green card

2014-04-01: separated from ex-spouse

2014-10-01: divorced from ex-spouse

2015-06-25: sent I-751

2016-04-11: received RFE

2016-06-08: sent RFE reply

2016-09-20: new card ordered

2016-09-23: new card mailed

2016-09-28: new card picked up by USPS

2016-09-30: new card delivered

Made a big move over the end of month and would like to make sure this is right:

My ROC is still pending. I have two receipt #s associated with my case. The first one when I submitted the petition, and the second one after biometrics (which is the one I look up case status with and the one that appeared on RFE notice).

When I changed address online, I tried to list both numbers but in the end only the FIRST was accepted.

Does that sound right? I am a big skeptical that the second EAC number was not accepted.

Thank you!

Same thing happened with me. It didnt accept the EAC reference number which i entered first so used the other EAC reference and it got accepted.

If you did the address change online then maybe its good to call them and check if the new address is updated. You already got RFE letter from them?What was your RFE about? Did you move to a location which falls under the California service center?

Timeline

Same thing happened with me. It didnt accept the EAC reference number which i entered first so used the other EAC reference and it got accepted.

If you did the address change online then maybe its good to call them and check if the new address is updated. You already got RFE letter from them?What was your RFE about? Did you move to a location which falls under the California service center?

I moved to another place near Boston temporarily (may move to West Coast under CSC later). At this stage I don't know if that matters- my RFE was asking for more joint assets/liabilities and overall evidence. It was submitted almost 3 months ago so I have infopass to ask about it, and verify the address in person!

Timeline

Guess what? My former roommate picked up a USCIS notice at the address that I lived till August 31, 2015. It just says that mine is outside normal processing time and they cannot give an estimate. What's really upsetting is that the letter was sent to the address I changed a year ago (My RFE notice was sent to the correct address tho).

Need to call and do infopass on 9/9 to make sure my correct address is on file.

Is there any other way to ensure? I've read anecdotes that USCIS sent notices to former addresses and get intercepted by landlords, friends, or some folks just keep paying the lease to make sure they get the mail :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.