Walid

Columbus,oh Field office

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Is there any columbus Oh filers? My field office is in columbus, My Noa is mid March and didnt hear anything since biometeric yet average processing time is 5 months! I called and I was told there is a load of applications in columbus and I won't hear from them before 2-3 months at least. Is this normal?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Is there any columbus Oh filers? My field office is in columbus, My Noa is mid March and didnt hear anything since biometeric yet average processing time is 5 months! I called and I was told there is a load of applications in columbus and I won't hear from them before 2-3 months at least. Is this normal?

Columbus is one of the fastest offices in the country. Along with Cleveland and Buffalo, I'd guess that it's in the top three. This is only based on my following the monthly filer threads for the past few years. You can check for yourself here (check for Columbus filers in the last table in each month): http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/161-us-citizenship-case-filing-and-progress-reports/

They may have seen an increase in applications this year (most offices have) and if they are a small office (which they probably are) they will have a harder time coping with the increase. Why don't you schedule an Infopass appointment for mid-September (it'll be 6 months then) and ask what's happening. My guess is that you are stuck in a prolonged background check, but they should be able to tell you. Such background checks usually take between 3 and 10 months, although in rare cases it can take longer.

Good luck.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

You were right on that one, I went today for infopass appointment, and after long time trying to find any info about my case, I was told its pending background check and of course no clue how long background check will take! It is very frustrating, I am not even sure they started background check! It took them forever to even locate my case.. I hope it is not on some desk collecting dust..

Edited by Walid

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.