LoveAlways2

Biometrics completed two weeks ago but no update

3 posts in this topic

I helped my father-in-law to complete his green card renewal about a month ago, we did it online. We received his biometrics appointment but because he needed to travel to Mexico to see his dad because of heath issues he did a walk-in and thankfully they took him in on August 16 (the original date for his biometrics was Sep 1) at the time he did his biometrics they extended his Green Card with a sticker until May 2017.

So he is now in Mexico taking care of his dad, but I have been checking his status and it is still not updated. it still say that they sent the biometrics letter on August 12. Is this normal? I just do not want to make my father -in-law feel rush to come back if the biometrics were not properly completed or did not went through.. I am sure he did his biometrics because I drove him.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Mayde

AOS:

Sent AOS Package: Feb 2014

Received Green Card: September 2014

ROC:

Sent ROC Package: Sep 2016

Approved: Feb 2018 

N400:

Filed: 7/9/19 online

Bios: 7/29/19

Interview: 12/10/19

Oath: 01/07/2020

July 2019  N400 spread sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19rv0w-Ls_-225a0AqzhsTObXb2DcT07oACpdIHhn9dE/edit

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

They can be slow..... call them...

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

They can be slow..... call them...

Thank you! I just checked his account online (not the case status but his actual online account where he filed his form) and it says that his biometrics were completed on August 16, so that gives me some piece of mind. I just wanted to update. He has his receipt from the biometrics appointment (stamped appointment letter) so I am guessing he will be fine. I will ask him to call if nothing changes.

Does anyone know how long it would take for him to receive his renew green card? he will probably be back by November or December.

AOS:

Sent AOS Package: Feb 2014

Received Green Card: September 2014

ROC:

Sent ROC Package: Sep 2016

Approved: Feb 2018 

N400:

Filed: 7/9/19 online

Bios: 7/29/19

Interview: 12/10/19

Oath: 01/07/2020

July 2019  N400 spread sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19rv0w-Ls_-225a0AqzhsTObXb2DcT07oACpdIHhn9dE/edit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.