Tam&Luke

What to do once our k1 petition gets to Cairo, Egypt?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Girrrrrrl !!! We are literally right behind you on this!!!! He got his birth cert, police cert, university cert all translated into english and got his police cert notorized but he wants his birth cert notorized too and i think its missing one more stamp or something then he can get it notorized then it all gets mailed off! I cant wait !!!

6/25  Engagement day on the Nile River in Zamalak Cairo, Egypt 

K1 Petition:

7/5 Sent

7/6 Received

7/8 NOA 1

8/24 NOA 2

9/9 Received at NVC

9/13 Received case number for Embassy

9/18 Embassy received our approved k1 petition and emailed Packet 3 to us.

10/1 Mailed out Packet 3

10/3 Embassy Received Packet 3

10/4 Received Email from Embassy & Case # downloaded & ready to pay visa fee!

10/24 Interview

10/24 Visa Approved!

10/27 Visa Issued!

11/3 Visa in Hand!

12/7 Entry to Houston, Texas

12/16 Wedding Day!!! 

AOS

1/17 Filed AOS

1/24 NOA

2/13 Biometrics

2/17 AOS is ready to be scheduled for interview.  AOS, EAD & AP pending approval. 

4/21 EAD/AP Approved!

4/29 EAD/AP Card in hand! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Oh wow! Great news!!
Err, I didn't translate anything though? And did not send in my university certificate, am I missing something here?
The documents I did translate though were supporting documents while filing for the i-129. And I translated them myself and added this statement at the bottom:

I certify that I am competent to translate from
Arabic to English and that the above information
is a correct and true translation to the best
of my knowledge and belief.
Signed:
Mayar Ghaly
Date:

Did I mess up? XD
I'll probably find out soon if they send it back

Best of luck to both of us ;)

Timeline

I hear that many Egyptians translated their police & birth certificate into English. My fiancé wanted to send his university letter showing he's still a student. Also your fiancé sent or gave u the i134 affidavit of support, his w2 from last year & maybe his employment letter for u to send in as well right ?

K1 Petition:

7/5 Sent

7/6 Received

7/8 NOA 1

8/24 NOA 2

9/9 Received at NVC

10/1 Mailed out Packet 3

10/24 Interview

10/24 Visa Approved!

10/27 Visa Issued!

11/3 Visa in Hand!

12/16 Wedding Day!!! 

AOS

1/17 Filed AOS

1/24 NOA

2/13 Biometrics

2/17 AOS is ready to be scheduled for interview.  AOS, EAD & AP pending approval. 

4/21 EAD/AP Approved!

Timeline

Yay to us & Mayar & Ben! We are at the step where my fiance pays his visa fee tomorrow!!! :D

K1 Petition:

7/5 Sent

7/6 Received

7/8 NOA 1

8/24 NOA 2

9/9 Received at NVC

10/1 Mailed out Packet 3

10/24 Interview

10/24 Visa Approved!

10/27 Visa Issued!

11/3 Visa in Hand!

12/16 Wedding Day!!! 

AOS

1/17 Filed AOS

1/24 NOA

2/13 Biometrics

4/21 EAD/AP Approved!

• 1 month later...

quick question, i was able to schedule my interview but i did not get any emails/mails about packet 3. Do you have to submit these docs before going to the interview? I am basically collecting the docs listed on the website and will go with them to the interview. any advise? Thanks and best of luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

quick question, i was able to schedule my interview but i did not get any emails/mails about packet 3. Do you have to submit these docs before going to the interview? I am basically collecting the docs listed on the website and will go with them to the interview. any advise? Thanks and best of luck

That's a bit weird. Did you pay for the interview yet? :)

What happened with me is that the petitioner received an email from the Egyptian embassy requesting the documents that they need and where to get the medical exam. This is a copy of the email

Please prepare the following documents for each person applying for a visa and send them to our office via Aramex courier service:

1. Photocopy of passport (the original to be submitted on the appointment date)

2. Photocopy of birth certificate

3. A copy of your divorce certificate (If previously married and divorced)

4. Police certificate from your country of nationality if you are 16 years old or older

5. Police certificate if you lived in a different country for more than 12 months and you were 16 years or older at that time.

6. An Affidavit of Support (Form I-134) signed by the Petitioner.

7. Petitioner’s most recent year of federal income taxes (form 1040 only). Please also bring the most recent W2 form and a job letter indicating current salary and length of employment

8. Medical exam for applicant as attached, medical examination report should be submitted on the day of the visa interview. Applicants are advised to schedule their medical examination 3weeks prior to the date of their visa interview.

9. Applications: DS-160 application online application form: https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/, please print the confirmation page and send it along with the documents.

10. 2 photos face view photos with a white background for the applicant-(5*5) Passport size with white Background (no modifications or touch ups permitted)

Scheduling of appointment:

The Cairo IV unit will be moving to applicant self-scheduling system starting on December 1, 2015 for certain types of cases. Applicants will be able to select their own appointment date from a list of available slots.

In order to use this system, the case must be completed with all documentation submitted per our instructions. Applicants, who delivered all the required documents to the consular section, will be able to schedule their appointments after 3 weeks from the delivery date. The Consular section will upload your case number to the website which will allow you to schedule an appointment. The steps to schedule an appointment are:

1. The primary applicant must create an online profile at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/eg and follow all instructions given. All family members assigned to the case must be listed as dependents.

2. Fees: Login to your profile at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/eg, print your deposit slip ( CGI ) and pay the fees 265$ at your local CIB bank.

3. After creating the profile, you again log on to: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/eg to schedule your appointment using your case number.

NOTE: If you cannot log into the system in order to select an appointment, then this means your case has not been cleared with all required documents submitted. If a case does not have all required documents submitted, we will return the package to you for completion. REMINDER, you will not be able to schedule an appointment if there are missing or incomplete documents. Please follow the instruction we will provide you to ensure all documentation is completed and submitted.

An applicant who needs an interview but has not scheduled an appointment through the Visa Appointment System will not be allowed into the Embassy.

For Assistance, please call: +20-2-3531-1460 or 16872 (from within Egypt).

Interview preparation:

· In preparation for the interview, each applicant must have and bring a copy of his or her CEAC confirmation page, passport, Aramex registration and medical reports. Also, all original documents must be shown at the interview (CIB receipt for K visa applicants, Birth, marriage, divorce…etc). Additional documents should be brought depending on the type of visa (proof of relationship, photos…..etc) – please see the links to the left for further information. All applicants under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.

· Bring two copies of the printed confirmation of address registration to the visa interview. Passports for all of the people included in the immigration case must be registered, and the printed confirmation must include information for every person and his or her passport. If the confirmation page(s) are not brought to the Embassy on the day of the interview or do not include information related to all of the people and passports, your interview will be rescheduled.

After I sent in the packet 3, within a few days I was able to get a CGI number receipt and pay at the bank. A few days later I was able to pick an interview date. And then according to your interview date you should be able to schedule your medical

Good luck! Hope this helps

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.