peterlavilla

IR-1 Interview in Warsaw - What are Our Chances ? Please Help

20 posts in this topic

This is what I am very worried about - I moved to Poland 5 years ago to be with my wife . Now we need to move back to the US to be there for my mother, who is 75 and not in good health . I have a job waiting for me , and we would be staying with my employer (he is wealthy and has a guest house where we would stay until we find our own place) . I have a letter that my lawyers drafted called a "Declaration Regarding Domicile" which states that I am in the process of moving back to the US and I have taken all of the necessary steps - it also states that I am not required by immigration regulations to prove that I am presently domiciled in the US . I have a letter of employment from a certified employer noting the date that I would begin working and the rate of pay (good salary) - I have a US bank account that I have maintained with a minimal balance

If they expect me to leave my wife in Poland and live in the US for up to a year to get everything situated, it is unreasonable .

Stop freaking out. Later tonight (gotta go to work atm) will send you a letter that my husband submitted, explaining the domicile. I need to remove personal information, etc. He lived in Poland for 2 years and left couple months before I moved to the US to find a job and arrange everything before my arrival.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Stop freaking out. Later tonight (gotta go to work atm) will send you a letter that my husband submitted, explaining the domicile. I need to remove personal information, etc. He lived in Poland for 2 years and left couple months before I moved to the US to find a job and arrange everything before my arrival.

Thanks, I would really appreciate that. But as I mentioned, I have a letter , or rather a legal statement , prepared by our immigration lawyer that details that I have taken all the necessary steps to establish domicile in the US. If it becomes the sort of situation that I am required to leave a few months before her and find an apartment and sign a lease and join a fitness club or something else , I can say right now that it's not going to happen . We've been together for 16 years now, so if we I would really hope it's not necessary to go through that .

I would think a letter of employment, a US bank account , an Honorable Discharge from the US military , letter of domicile, and my New York State ID which I am a registered voter should suffice .

But I would appreciate all the advice I can get at this stage .

That's odd, that you were told you could not attend. This link to the Warsaw consulate says spouses/fiancees can attend.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Poland&cty=Warsaw

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Thanks, I would really appreciate that. But as I mentioned, I have a letter , or rather a legal statement , prepared by our immigration lawyer that details that I have taken all the necessary steps to establish domicile in the US. If it becomes the sort of situation that I am required to leave a few months before her and find an apartment and sign a lease and join a fitness club or something else , I can say right now that it's not going to happen . We've been together for 16 years now, so if we I would really hope it's not necessary to go through that .

I would think a letter of employment, a US bank account , an Honorable Discharge from the US military , letter of domicile, and my New York State ID which I am a registered voter should suffice .

But I would appreciate all the advice I can get at this stage .

Name, middle name, last name.

SSN

FORM I-864

Part 4, Question 5: Country of Domicile

I, ………………………... , am currently residing in Poland with my spouse, …………… ………….. Below you will find a list of attached documents to show that my principle residence is in the US and the steps that I have taken to return to the US with my spouse.

Steps I have taken to maintain US Domicile:

Maintained my US bank account at ……………………….Bank

Maintained my ………………...credit card registered in the US

Maintained my US 401(k) retirement fund …………………….

Maintained my student loan through …………………………...

Maintained my life insurance through ………………………….

Maintained my membership at …………………………. Church

Supporting documents for the above steps:

…………..Bank statements for the last 15 months showing permanent US address

…………..Bank credit card statements showing permanent US address

US 401(k) retirement fund showing permanent US address

……….. ...Student load bill showing permanent US address

………......life insurance bill showing permanent US address

…………. Church letter stating I am a member of the church

Steps I have taken to return to the US to take up residence:

Made arrangements for us to have a house to live in

Updated my voter registration

Name is on the Xcel Energy electricity bill at my permanent US address

Name is on the CenterPoint Energy gas bill at my permanent US address

Letter written by ………….. stating we can live at my permanent US address

Voter registration card showing my name and permanent US address

Xcel Energy electricity bill showing my name and permanent US address

CenterPoint Energy gas bill showing my name and permanent US address

I declare that I intend in good faith to re-establish my domicile in the United States no later than the date of my spouse's admission into the US.

I certify under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States that the statements in this letter and all accompanying evidence are true and correct.

Signature:__________________________________ Date:___________________

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Name, middle name, last name.

SSN

FORM I-864

Part 4, Question 5: Country of Domicile

I, ………………………... , am currently residing in Poland with my spouse, …………… ………….. Below you will find a list of attached documents to show that my principle residence is in the US and the steps that I have taken to return to the US with my spouse.

Steps I have taken to maintain US Domicile:

Maintained my US bank account at ……………………….Bank

Maintained my ………………...credit card registered in the US

Maintained my US 401(k) retirement fund …………………….

Maintained my student loan through …………………………...

Maintained my life insurance through ………………………….

Maintained my membership at …………………………. Church

…………..Bank statements for the last 15 months showing permanent US address

…………..Bank credit card statements showing permanent US address

US 401(k) retirement fund showing permanent US address

……….. ...Student load bill showing permanent US address

………......life insurance bill showing permanent US address

…………. Church letter stating I am a member of the church

Steps I have taken to return to the US to take up residence:

Made arrangements for us to have a house to live in

Updated my voter registration

Name is on the Xcel Energy electricity bill at my permanent US address

Name is on the CenterPoint Energy gas bill at my permanent US address

Letter written by ………….. stating we can live at my permanent US address

Voter registration card showing my name and permanent US address

Xcel Energy electricity bill showing my name and permanent US address

CenterPoint Energy gas bill showing my name and permanent US address

I declare that I intend in good faith to re-establish my domicile in the United States no later than the date of my spouse's admission into the US.

I certify under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States that the statements in this letter and all accompanying evidence are true and correct.

Signature:__________________________________ Date:___________________

I really appreciate the copy of the letter that your husband provided. But I really don't have any of the above - I have a very good job waiting for me with a dear old friend of my family, and he has a guest house (he's quite wealthy) and will be having us live in his guest house until we find another place that we like . I have the letter from him of employment, but he did not mention the guest house or accommodations because it is part of my employment package . I do have a US bank account , but there is only a minimal balance . I am a US Veteran, and I have a military V.A. card, and I still have my New York State ID (which also serves as my voters registration) - but we will not be living in New York when we return .

We will not be shipping anything to the US because we live with her family, so there are no possessions to ship - we will pack some clothes and that's it .

All the same, I do have a legal letter drafted by my lawyer stating more or less the same as your husbands letter, to the same effect .

Thanks again

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.