tracymonta

got a pink letter about 1864

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Burkina Faso
Timeline

Couple months ago, I submitted the whole package of application to USCIS(marriage-based green card, adjustment of status), which includes I-864 with every single supporting document. then few days ago i got a pink letter saying petitioner should also do 1864 form and provide supporting evidence.My issue is my husband has only worked small time jobs the past 3 years and therefore never filed for taxes infact he has never filed at .How important is a w2 for petitioner when you have a joint sponsor with adequate documents.what should we do?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Here is my opinion based on what I have seen on VJ and what I have red on the I-864 instructions.

The petitioner has to fill an I-864. For your tax reports, it has to be proven that the petitioner did not have to fill to the IRS for the past years. Here is how you determine if you have to fill tax return https://www.irs.gov/uac/do-i-need-to-file-a-tax-return

So what you have to do in that order is sort out your taxes and than fill an I-864.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Burkina Faso
Timeline

so i do have silly question so ingnorant about math.how do you calculate gross income.I want to know if we lie under threshold or not

worked a few months so would they count yearly gross income or monthly gross income

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

They would be looking at your yearly gross income. Your employer should have sent you a W-2 form which would state your yearly income. If you had multiple employers, you added them all to get your total yearly income.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.