dethuong

TAX

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi all,

I will be interviewed in April 13th, but my husband says Tax was wrong...hic hic...So he is waiting for a new W2 by his company....We're confuse about it. What can we do now? Please help us !!!

Thanks a lot

Timeline

What was wrong with the first W2?

You may be cutting it close since the interview is less than 3 weeks away.

K1 Time Line

Don and Linh

October 22, 2006 - Sent I-129F

November 2, 2006 - NOA1

January 30, 2007 - NOA2

February 8, 2007 - Arrives at NVC

February 12, 2007 - Arrives at Consultate in HCMC

February 28, 2007 - Consulate sends out Packet 3

March 8, 2007 - Packet 3 recieved

May 11, 2007 - Packet 3 recieved by Consulate

Timeline

W2 form is wrong and his company will send the other one (his colleagues was same). After that, he will fill in and send to IRS. So, how long will it take and what can i do ???

Edited by Phillip-Phuoc

Timeline
W2 form is wrong and his company will send the other one (his colleagues was same). After that, he will fill in and send to IRS. So, how long will it take and what can i do ???

If you are waiting for a new W2, it may arrive after your scheduled interview. If you haven't done so, your fiance will need to get a letter from his employer stating his salary, date of hire and whether he is temporary or permenant. I would also request a letter from the company explaining the W2 situation.

If you don't have 2006, send in 2005. If it's with the same employer that writes the employment letter, then you should be OK. In the mean time, keep forward with the 2006 W2 in case they ask for it after the interview.

K1 Time Line

Don and Linh

October 22, 2006 - Sent I-129F

November 2, 2006 - NOA1

January 30, 2007 - NOA2

February 8, 2007 - Arrives at NVC

February 12, 2007 - Arrives at Consultate in HCMC

February 28, 2007 - Consulate sends out Packet 3

March 8, 2007 - Packet 3 recieved

May 11, 2007 - Packet 3 recieved by Consulate

You may not need a W2 of you have other supporting evidence. Though this depends completely on the consulate. A letter from your employer may be enough.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I agree, GREEN/TRAN!

STL_HCMC

and maybe send you his last check stubs of 2006 along with explanation from employer

K1 Timeline

12/27/2005...I-129F Sent (Nebraska Service Center)

07/19/2006...Visa Approved

AOS Timeline

01/23/2007...AOS Sent

03/08/2007...AOS Approved

Removing Conditions

01/12/2009...I-751 Sent

06/10/2009...I-751 Approved

Naturalization

03/27/2010...N-400 Sent

11/21/2011...Approval

12/09/2011...Oath Ceremony

Timeline

I would inform his boss that I will talk with the VP of HR for a major IRS violation and rights. ALL employers in the US are required by laws to issue W-2 to its employees by the end of the first day of February. This company drops the ball and need to correct it at the earliest possible date, no excuse! By the end of this week, it should give your husband a new W-2. He then file it by Monday morning. FEDEX next day to VN. You will still can have his 2006 ITR by your interview date. Think: you still have 3 more weeks.

Your husband needs to tell the employer the END Date to resolve the matter. If they tell him: uh, we are working in correcting the issue. Ask them: When can I expect a new W-2? By Close of Business today? Tomorrow? By Friday? If NOT, then what is the next plan? This is when your husband will ask for the company's letter of employment stating his annual salary, some company will not issue this type of letter for legal complication (people take these type of letters to borrow loans/buying cars and never pay back the bank, company gets in trouble).

I wouldn't be panic just yet, but after this week, I would! Tell your husband to stay on top of his HR and Payroll department.

Good luck and your last resort would what Greentran said: last paystub of 2006 and company's letter of explaination. I don't know what HR and Legal Department will be willing to write in this type of letter, keep in mind, the letter will show no note of their fault or admit any wrong doing for not having your husband's W-2 ready by now. So I would say: get the W-2 corrected by THIS FRIDAY or you will be in a world of worry!

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Timeline

Just checked out your website... Xanga... old school man!!!!

Btw, how many fruit cakes you have sent to her??? :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: Love your site, love the photos...

Be well!

chuck and kim

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Timeline

No :) sorry, that's an expression we use here in America = I don't know if we have the same expression in Vietnamese to say: that's COOL!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.