23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey mimi6157!

Thank you for letting me know, I have not had news about the letter or about my case number but now my fiance will call to the NVC, I hope to get is soon. It's fantastic you got it sooner than us, congratulation! These experiences help us a lot, thank you for your tips and information about all this process. We keep in touch, thanks y'all.

A question, Where did you get the police certificate? I don't have a criminal record but I read the consulate is asking for it.

Do you know about it?

THANKS!!!!

Timeline

Hi maria once again your advise helped alot webhave filled out and summkted the ds160:) we ran into some issues with the asc acciunt because my fiance made the acciunt using the blue background and when we tried to. Switch it to green it did not let us so we just created a new one with a different email. But the background tio was a huge help! ?? also how did your fiance soread out / plan her trip to juarez was it days apart? Any tios on hotels ?

~~~~~~~K-1:
04/23/2016: Mailed my I-129F packet via USPS EXPRESS MAIL to Louisville,TX :dance:

04/25/2016: Received a text msg that my Packet was picked up and signed for at the PO BOX (2 days)
04/28/2016: Check was cashed! (3 days)
04/28/2016: NOA1 text. Case routed to CSC

07/06/2016: Text that my case was approved (68 days)

07/12/2016: hardcopy NOA 2 (6 days)

07/27/2016: NVC received my petition (21 days from NOA2)
07/28/2016: NVC assigned a case number (1 day)
08/01/2016: NVC sent out our case (IN TRANSIT-4 DAYS)
event.png

Timeline

Hey mimi6157!

Thank you for letting me know, I have not had news about the letter or about my case number but now my fiance will call to the NVC, I hope to get is soon. It's fantastic you got it sooner than us, congratulation! These experiences help us a lot, thank you for your tips and information about all this process. We keep in touch, thanks y'all.

A question, Where did you get the police certificate? I don't have a criminal record but I read the consulate is asking for it.

Do you know about it?

THANKS!!!!

Im not sure where my fiance got his but i will ask him and let you know asap.

~~~~~~~K-1:
04/23/2016: Mailed my I-129F packet via USPS EXPRESS MAIL to Louisville,TX :dance:

04/25/2016: Received a text msg that my Packet was picked up and signed for at the PO BOX (2 days)

event.png

Timeline

Hey mimi6157!

Do you know about it?

THANKS!!!!

sorry for the late reply! So he said it was in plaza belenes and here is a link that tells you what you need i went ahead and saw that there are other places to get it from. This one is i beleive for the state of Jalisco but im sure if you go to the states website you can also find it. Search it under constancia de antecedentes.

http://cienciasforenses.jalisco.gob.mx/constancianoantecedentes.php

~~~~~~~K-1:

event.png

Timeline

You are very welcome :)

That's great news! The CDJ consulate should have your packet within 3 to 5 days at most. Also, there is a method to their madness (LOL)... you can track the DHL package from NVC to CDJ with some known details - this lets you actually confirm the day CDJ received your packet. I'll look for the post with the instructions and re-post back here when I find it.

Maria :)

Quick question i went online to pay the fee since it says ready but it says that the first available date is for AUgust 11th is that for the ASC or the actual interview?? It does not give me any option to change the dates either .. what did you do? I would love it if if was that fast but we still do not have the packet 3....

~~~~~~~K-1:

event.png

Timeline

Hi maria once again your advise helped alot webhave filled out and summkted the ds160:) we ran into some issues with the asc acciunt because my fiance made the acciunt using the blue background and when we tried to. Switch it to green it did not let us so we just created a new one with a different email. But the background tio was a huge help! ?? also how did your fiance soread out / plan her trip to juarez was it days apart? Any tios on hotels ?

Quick question i went online to pay the fee since it says ready but it says that the first available date is for AUgust 11th is that for the ASC or the actual interview?? It does not give me any option to change the dates either .. what did you do? I would love it if if was that fast but we still do not have the packet 3....

Hi there!

Sorry for the delayed response... but I'm glad to say I'm back and officially MARRIED now!! :)

Soo... to answer the first question, our trip was a span from Friday-Tuesday. Keep in mind we had to span it over an extra day or two because my now wife (ooh weird saying that hahaha) has 2 small boys (6 & 9) and medicals for minors require the TB scratch test which takes longer. We arrived in Juarez on a Thurs, medicals and biometrics on Friday, Mon morning back to medical office to check the boys' scratch test and Tues morning was our interview.

We stayed at the Hotel Conquistador, it's on the same side of the consulate at the end of the block and has a pool... it was nice and was exactly what we were looking for since we had extra days and wanted to lounge by the pool :)

Once you pay the Visa fee and you are allowed to select dates... the first date you select is the interview date and the second (bottom) date is the biometrics date. The biometrics date can change depending on the date you select for interview... they're somewhat dependent on each other or vice versa. I'd suggest choosing the biometrics date first and then see what you get for interview dates.

If you still don't have the appointment letter you can always arrive one day early in Juarez and go to the consulate information window and ask for a copy of it. The info window is open from 7am-1pm M-F, excluding days they close (check their calendar online because they observe both US and Mexican holidays).

Hope this helps and as always any other questions don't hesitate to ask :)

Maria ~ U.S. Citizen

K-1 & K-2 Process (Completed in 4 mos. 8 days)

1/19/16: I-129F Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight

4/1/16: NOA2 Approval :dancing:

5/17/16: Interview :star: - APPROVED :dance:

5/25/16 Visas in hand! :thumbs: 

8/5/16: Wedding (L)

AOS/EAD/AP Process, K-1 & K-2 (Completed in 4 mos. 15 days)

9/21/16: Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight [Day 1]

10/24/16: AOS Cases (I-864) RFIE recv'd hardcopy [Day 29]

12/23/16: AOS Case Status Updates - Interview Scheduled, text recv'd [Day 94] :dancing:

1/17/17: EAD/AP Combo Card recv'd via USPS Priority Mail [Day 119]

1/27/17: AOS Interview :star: - APPROVED!! :dance:  [Day 129 / 120 w/ 9day RFIE delay]

1/27/17: AOS Case status update - Approved | 1/31/17: New Card in Production | 2/1/17: Card Was Mailed

2/4/17: Green Cards Arrived :thumbs:

ROC Process, Spouse & 2 Step-Sons (Completed in 23 mos. 22 days)

1/25/19: Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight [Day 1]

1/29/19: NOA notice date, text & email recv'd, routed to CSC

2/1/19: NOA 18mo. Extension Letter arrived in the mail, for wife only [Day 7]

3/13/19: Filed SR for non-receipt of NOA for I-751A dependents [Day 48] | 3/21/19: Recv'd NOA for 2 stepsons [Day 56]

4/29/19: Biometrics (Scheduled) Appt Completed [Day 95]

8/28/20: Case Status Update - RFE [Day 582 ~ 19 mos. 4 days] | 11/20/20: Case Status Update - RFE response recv'd [Day 666 ~ 21 mos. 27 days]

1/7/21: Case Status Update - New Card in Production :dance: [Day 714 ~ 23 mos. 14 days] 

1/15/21: Green Cards Arrived :thumbs:[Day 722 ~ 23 mos. 22 days]

All done for now! :)

Timeline

Hi there!

Sorry for the delayed response... but I'm glad to say I'm back and officially MARRIED now!! :)

Soo... to answer the first question, our trip was a span from Friday-Tuesday. Keep in mind we had to span it over an extra day or two because my now wife (ooh weird saying that hahaha) has 2 small boys (6 & 9) and medicals for minors require the TB scratch test which takes longer. We arrived in Juarez on a Thurs, medicals and biometrics on Friday, Mon morning back to medical office to check the boys' scratch test and Tues morning was our interview.

We stayed at the Hotel Conquistador, it's on the same side of the consulate at the end of the block and has a pool... it was nice and was exactly what we were looking for since we had extra days and wanted to lounge by the pool :)

Once you pay the Visa fee and you are allowed to select dates... the first date you select is the interview date and the second (bottom) date is the biometrics date. The biometrics date can change depending on the date you select for interview... they're somewhat dependent on each other or vice versa. I'd suggest choosing the biometrics date first and then see what you get for interview dates.

If you still don't have the appointment letter you can always arrive one day early in Juarez and go to the consulate information window and ask for a copy of it. The info window is open from 7am-1pm M-F, excluding days they close (check their calendar online because they observe both US and Mexican holidays).

Hope this helps and as always any other questions don't hesitate to ask :)

Hi Maria,Congrats to you and your wife !!! I wish your family the best :luv: .. And thank you so much for the info I was able to find the calendar to change the dates.. My fiance will be traveling on Sat the 20(tickets were cheaper than on a Sunday) Gets his Copy of the Letter on Monday and his ASC is on Tues. and on Wed he has his medical (a day space for the results) we were hoping he had his medical on that Monday he gets the copy of the letter but someone told me that sometimes you can wait hours so we didn't want to risk setting it the same day (in case he missed it )so we made it for Wednesday..We wanted to schedule his Interview on Friday but unfortunately either the consular is closed or all booked because it wasn't available so he must wait until Monday the 29th.. Very expensive trip lol But i am more than excited!!!! (L)

My fiance was wondering if the fee that we payed ($265 we paid before making the apts) is the only fee they charge you for the ASC apt or if he will need to pay more? We know that he has to pay 450 for the medical if he doesn't have the vaccines (that what the receptionist told me over the phone)

Also, Is the Juarez letter the same one I got from the NVC center ? Mine just arrived yesterday and i scanned it over to him.

BTW so sorry for the long messages and I know I ask a ton of questions i'm just very nervous excited anxious and want to be well prepared. :idea: I'm counting down the days 11 more to go ! :clock:

~~~~~~~K-1:

event.png

Timeline

Hi Maria,Congrats to you and your wife !!! I wish your family the best :luv: .. And thank you so much for the info I was able to find the calendar to change the dates.. My fiance will be traveling on Sat the 20(tickets were cheaper than on a Sunday) Gets his Copy of the Letter on Monday and his ASC is on Tues. and on Wed he has his medical (a day space for the results) we were hoping he had his medical on that Monday he gets the copy of the letter but someone told me that sometimes you can wait hours so we didn't want to risk setting it the same day (in case he missed it )so we made it for Wednesday..We wanted to schedule his Interview on Friday but unfortunately either the consular is closed or all booked because it wasn't available so he must wait until Monday the 29th.. Very expensive trip lol But i am more than excited!!!! (L)

My fiance was wondering if the fee that we payed ($265 we paid before making the apts) is the only fee they charge you for the ASC apt or if he will need to pay more? We know that he has to pay 450 for the medical if he doesn't have the vaccines (that what the receptionist told me over the phone)

Also, Is the Juarez letter the same one I got from the NVC center ? Mine just arrived yesterday and i scanned it over to him.

BTW so sorry for the long messages and I know I ask a ton of questions i'm just very nervous excited anxious and want to be well prepared. :idea: I'm counting down the days 11 more to go ! :clock:

Thank you! :)

That's a couple extra days in Juarez but yeah, it's all based on their calendar and what's available. The $265 fee includes biometrics so no addtional fee for that. The only other fee is the medical. But DO NOT pay $450 for the medical... you do not need vaccines. As a K-1 visa you get a blanket waiver. K-1 Fiance Visa does not require vaccines so don't let them do them or else yes you'll pay very expensive fees for the vaccines. Get them after the interview over there in Mexico as they are cheaper and make sure to bring the records to the U.S. when you cross and here you'll just have a civil surgeon transcribe the vaccine record for AOS.

The Juarez letter is different from the NVC letter. If it doesn't arrive in time get it from the info window at the consulate the day before.

Good luck!!! Keep us posted :)

Maria ~ U.S. Citizen

K-1 & K-2 Process (Completed in 4 mos. 8 days)

1/19/16: I-129F Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight

4/1/16: NOA2 Approval :dancing:

5/17/16: Interview :star: - APPROVED :dance:

5/25/16 Visas in hand! :thumbs: 

8/5/16: Wedding (L)

AOS/EAD/AP Process, K-1 & K-2 (Completed in 4 mos. 15 days)

9/21/16: Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight [Day 1]

10/24/16: AOS Cases (I-864) RFIE recv'd hardcopy [Day 29]

12/23/16: AOS Case Status Updates - Interview Scheduled, text recv'd [Day 94] :dancing:

1/17/17: EAD/AP Combo Card recv'd via USPS Priority Mail [Day 119]

1/27/17: AOS Interview :star: - APPROVED!! :dance:  [Day 129 / 120 w/ 9day RFIE delay]

1/27/17: AOS Case status update - Approved | 1/31/17: New Card in Production | 2/1/17: Card Was Mailed

2/4/17: Green Cards Arrived :thumbs:

ROC Process, Spouse & 2 Step-Sons (Completed in 23 mos. 22 days)

1/25/19: Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight [Day 1]

1/29/19: NOA notice date, text & email recv'd, routed to CSC

2/1/19: NOA 18mo. Extension Letter arrived in the mail, for wife only [Day 7]

3/13/19: Filed SR for non-receipt of NOA for I-751A dependents [Day 48] | 3/21/19: Recv'd NOA for 2 stepsons [Day 56]

4/29/19: Biometrics (Scheduled) Appt Completed [Day 95]

8/28/20: Case Status Update - RFE [Day 582 ~ 19 mos. 4 days] | 11/20/20: Case Status Update - RFE response recv'd [Day 666 ~ 21 mos. 27 days]

1/7/21: Case Status Update - New Card in Production :dance: [Day 714 ~ 23 mos. 14 days] 

1/15/21: Green Cards Arrived :thumbs:[Day 722 ~ 23 mos. 22 days]

All done for now! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.