Fofire

USCIS Vienna

13 posts in this topic

I sent my stuff off to Vienna on Thursday the 15th (ie. arrival on Friday). And I'm a bit curious who else out there has already sent there stuff in there and how long its gonna take.

Im mostly curious of 2 things:

1 if they are starting to get a flood of foreign petitions and

2 since they havent heard from all embassies what a residency permit looks like in each country if they are filing certain countries faster than others

I would appreciate it if you could tell us when you filed and and then later on let us know when you get your paperwork back.

Thanks

Forest

probably you're the one from romania, i called on tuesday and they told me they had one petition from romania. i will send my package monday. how did you send the package? dhl?

did you also send ds-230?

You can send it most any way you want I just went with UPS because I knew where to find it. If you're in Bucuresti there is a UPS place out behind the the Palace accross from the Marriot. You need to take the metrou to Izvor and from there its a 5 minute walk.

There's another UPS place out at Baneasa airport but I dont know if thats a logistics center or an actual place where you can give them stuff.

The only other UPS place I know about in Romania is in Timisoara. If you're not anywhere around those 2 places then I guess I would say try Prioripost and hope it gets through.

Im not sure what you mean by ds 230. I sent in everyhitng I could to prove I live here and then I sent in pics I-130 and the Biographic info for both persons. Nothing else.

It cost me 125 RON to have it sent off.

Fofire

probably you're the one from romania, i called on tuesday and they told me they had one petition from romania. i will send my package monday. how did you send the package? dhl?

You can send it most any way you want I just went with UPS because I knew where to find it. If you're in Bucuresti there is a UPS place out behind the the Palace accross from the Marriot. You need to take the metrou to Izvor and from there its a 5 minute walk.

There's another UPS place out at Baneasa airport but I dont know if thats a logistics center or an actual place where you can give them stuff.

The only other UPS place I know about in Romania is in Timisoara. If you're not anywhere around those 2 places then I guess I would say try Prioripost and hope it gets through.

Im not sure what you mean by ds 230. I sent in everyhitng I could to prove I live here and then I sent in pics I-130 and the Biographic info for both persons. Nothing else.

Fofire

Good, I am in Bucharest, so probably I will send it with UPS. They recommended me Fedex but it's about the same.

I was asking about the documents you sent in because I read on another topic ( I think the one regarding Paris accepting petitions) that the ones in Paris require a DS-230 form also sent in. I guess we're on another boat.

Good luck!

Fofire

Good, I am in Bucharest, so probably I will send it with UPS. They recommended me Fedex but it's about the same.

I was asking about the documents you sent in because I read on another topic ( I think the one regarding Paris accepting petitions) that the ones in Paris require a DS-230 form also sent in. I guess we're on another boat.

Good luck!

Forgot to add the address . . .it will definitel be a help since its not DIRECTLY across from the marriot its catercornered to the Marriot.

Baneasa Customer Center

Trans Courier Service SRL - Authorised Service Contractor for UPS

40, Soseaua Bucuresti-Ploiesti

International Airport Bucharest-Baneasa, Building C, Sector 1

Bucharest 013695

Romania

Tel.: +40 21 2338877

Tel.: +0800 877877 (for Bucharest pick-ups only)

Tel.: 0725 125 800

Tel.: 0725 125 801

Fax: +40 21 2338818

Fax: +40 21 2338828

Fax: 0725 125 869

Fax: 0725 125 870

E-mail ro.customerservice@europe.ups.com

Bucharest

Trans Courier Service SRL

Authorised Service Contractor for UPS

UPS Express Center

Calea 13 Septembrie 81-83

Block 77 AB PARTER

7000 Bucharest

Booking and inquiries

Tel.: +40 21 4100604

Tel.: 0800-877877 (for Bucharest pick-ups only)

Fax: +40 21 4109910

ro.customerservice@europe.ups.com

Hey Guys I just wanted to say I just found out that Vienna approved my I-130 on the 21st so it took a total of 5 days including the wknd.

so you know its going pretty fast.

Now the ironically harder part comes I need to delay the interview at the embassy in so that we can leave at a slightly later date.

Oh yeah and DS-230 is apparently not reqired.

Fofire

Edited by Fofire

Hey Guys I just wanted to say I just found out that Vienna approved my I-130 on the 21st so it took a total of 5 days including the wknd.

so you know its going pretty fast.

Now the ironically harder part comes I need to delay the interview at the embassy in so that we can leave at a slightly later date.

Fofire

that is very good. congratulations. now the us embassy in bucharest is accepting petitions, i just called and made an appointment for the interview on monday.

besides what vienna office asks, here they require proofs of relationship.

wish me luck :D

just to add something: i did not send my forms to viena because i am waiting for my bank statements to prove that i was here.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just to clarify.. it *will* be required; it is the visa application. :)

(know *you* know this, Fo)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Just to clarify.. it *will* be required; it is the visa application. :)

(know *you* know this, Fo)

I know this. I was just told that has to be taken care of at the embassy since the USCIS is basically only doing the background check on me.

I am prepared with truckloads of proof to show evidence.

I-130 was approved today at the embassy in Bucharest. we're so happy!

How did that work because I still havent gotten a response from my USCIS filing I sent to Vienna.

I was only told by USCIS Vienna I was approved and I havent heard yet from Bucharest.

Im not really in a hurry or anything because I dont wanna get the visa for her til August but still I'd like to know what the process was like for you in Bucharest.

What about the Adam Walsh background check . . . . Were they able to do it Buch?

How did that work because I still havent gotten a response from my USCIS filing I sent to Vienna.

I was only told by USCIS Vienna I was approved and I havent heard yet from Bucharest.

Im not really in a hurry or anything because I dont wanna get the visa for her til August but still I'd like to know what the process was like for you in Bucharest.

What about the Adam Walsh background check . . . . Were they able to do it Buch?

I think it works likes in Paris

You go to the US Embassy with your I-130 petition completed with ur US husband or Wife, and they take your file with all docs required than u have a little interview with a consular who aprove or not ur petition.

I hope it help u.

The best think was to wait the back of DCF to deal directky with the Embassy.

Best wishes

Congratulation and good luck for the next steps

- Nov 2006

Paris Civil Wedding

- Jan 2007

DCF (CR1-CR2)

I-130 Aproved the same day i went to Paris Embassy

Form DS-2001 sent back to Paris Embassy

Got appointment letter for the final interview in March 2007 with my Case number.

Packet 4

Adam walsh law, call from embassy final interview postpone

Paris Embassy sent all pending I-130 petitions to Roma uscis for an Petionner background check

- Feb 2007

Medical visit

I- 130 petitions back from the Roma uscis ''reaproved''

Call from Paris Embassy confimation for my final interview in March 2007.

- March 2007

Final interview date: CR1-CR2 Aproved

Passports with visas came by chrono 5 days after interview.

57 days in total

- April 2007

Moving to USA

Atlanta POE

at the embassy i went with the I-130 form and the g-325a for me and my husband plus the additional documents (marriage certificate, passport photocopies and proofs of relationship) after about 2 hours the nice officer said he approved our petition and handed us the next packet. it sounds to me very similar with the old steps in DCF.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.