turtleprincess

POE at Toronto Pearson and shipping goods question

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm -finally- flying to New Jersey tomorrow on my k1 visa and I was just wondering how much time I should allow for processing at the airport? I haven't been able to find any recent reviews of the situation at yyz and older reviews seem to be anywhere from 20 minutes to a few hours. My flight is at 12:30pm so if I make it to the airport for 9:30am, is that leaving me enough time? That's like, an extra hour on top of the standard 2hrs for international flights.

And I know with shipping household goods, CBP form 3299 is used but how? Do I send it with the goods or file it at the airport or mail it somewhere later?

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'd think you should be fine to get through. I drove through and it took about 1.5 hours, but I had some complications bringing pets.

With the form, I had shipped my items with Upack and when I gave them my shipment I was given the CBP 3299 form to bring across the border. Then I had to send them proof that I entered the country before they would release my goods. If you're using a shipping company you can confirm this with them. This is the instructions I got. I would confirm always with the shipping company though!

Requirements for shipping household goods from Canada into United States:
- Provide a copy of the following items to the origin driver:
  1. A clear black-and-white copy of the page of your passport that includes your photo
  2. A copy of your visa – not required for U.S. citizens
  3. A copy of your completed U.S. Customs Form 3299 – Declaration for Free Entry of Unaccompanied articles (You keep the original

As soon as you receive it, send a copy of your U.S. Customs and Border Protection Form I-94 form or passport stamp (not required for U.S. citizens) to have your shipment released to continue in the US

--------------------------

K-1 Visa Timeline

--------------------------

04/21/2014: Submitted I-129F

05/29/2014: NOA2 via email

01/20/2015: Visa Received

03/15/2015: POE

04/01/2015: Married!! (L)

04/11/2015: Submitted AOS / EAD / AP

10/09/2015: Green Card Approved

07/20/2017: Submitted I-751 ROC

07/27/2017: NOA1 Received

10/14/2017: Biometrics Waived

10/27/2018: ROC Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.