Proof Of Former Spouse Address

33 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The blue slip requests more evidence of the following:

proof of former spouse current address - petitioner

proof of former spouse current address - applicant

additional correspondence between Linh and I

I got the info I needed from my ex. She is being very helpful. We have lots of correspondence from prior to our Dam Hoi, so that is easy. The one problem may be Linh former spouse in VN. She knows where he is living, but cannot get ahold of him to get a photocopy of his housebook or anything else.

Has anyone else run into this problem? What other options do we have to show proof of address of someone that can't be contacted? She has gone to the home, but no one is there. She doesn't have any phone numbers, yet. Still trying that one.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Go to the local police where Linh's ex lives, talk to them and see what they can be at any help. Ward Police Department (Cong An Phuong) would be where I start looking for help.

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The requirement to confirm where Linh's ex-husband living is not suitable for the Vietnamese as the ex-spouse never wants to help in this case according to our tradition. You should ask her to bribe some money to the local police office where he is living and send a letter to require them to confirm, then they can give her the confirmation for his living address.

But it's strange as in so many other cases, they didn't ask for these documentations.

Hien

Timeline

David and Hien,

They do ask for these information, especially if you previously married. Need to verify the ex's address.

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

I am never married, but had a girlfriend and a kid. do they need info of my exgirlfriend ? I know where she and my daughter live , but I dont think she will cooperate in this. you know vietnamse people, they become enemies after a bad break up .

I-129F sent and recieved by USCIS on Feb 16th, 2007-Also I fly to Vietnam to see my fiancee on today. This is the 4th times I have flied to vietnam within a year time frame. I miss her.

02-20-2007 check cashed

02-22-2007 NOA1 hard copy

02-24-2007 Touched

03-01-2007 Touched

03-02-2007 Touched

03-07-2007 NOA2 by email .

03-11-2007 Touched

03-12-2007 NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

03-20-2007 NVC sent my package to HCMC embassy

03-24-2007 HCMC Embassy received my package

03-30-2007 My fiancee received her packet 3

03-31-2007 My fiancee dropped off Packet 3 at the Embassy.

05-17-2007 Wedding Ceremony at Sinhdoi Restaurante

06-27-2007 Recieved Packet 4

07-20-2007 Interview Date

I am never married, but had a girlfriend and a kid. do they need info of my exgirlfriend ? I know where she and my daughter live , but I dont think she will cooperate in this. you know vietnamse people, they become enemies after a bad break up .

Do you pay child support to your daughter? if you do then, you should get all the documents. Better have it when they ask for it.

My K1 Time Line

AOS Quest: Completed :=)

06-08-2007: AOS Package Sent

06-12-2007: AOS Package Recieved

06-19-2007: Check Cashed

06-22-2007: NOA1 in the Mail

06-26-2007: Biometrics Appoinment Received 7-14-2007

07-14-2007: Biometrics Appointment

10-29-2007: AOS interview - still need to wait for FBI name check.

02-27-2008: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident

02-28-2008: Card production ordered

03-04-2008: Approval notice sent

03-07-2008: Green Card received

05-07-2008: California ID received (took almost a year to get it)

Being a Dad Quest: :=)

06-05-2008: My lovely baby girl arrived.

Do you pay child support to your daughter? if you do then, you should get all the documents. Better have it when they ask for it.

no, dont pay anything. I did but only cash. no paper trail.

I-129F sent and recieved by USCIS on Feb 16th, 2007-Also I fly to Vietnam to see my fiancee on today. This is the 4th times I have flied to vietnam within a year time frame. I miss her.

02-20-2007 check cashed

02-22-2007 NOA1 hard copy

02-24-2007 Touched

03-01-2007 Touched

03-02-2007 Touched

03-07-2007 NOA2 by email .

03-11-2007 Touched

03-12-2007 NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

03-20-2007 NVC sent my package to HCMC embassy

03-24-2007 HCMC Embassy received my package

03-30-2007 My fiancee received her packet 3

03-31-2007 My fiancee dropped off Packet 3 at the Embassy.

05-17-2007 Wedding Ceremony at Sinhdoi Restaurante

06-27-2007 Recieved Packet 4

07-20-2007 Interview Date

Timeline

Is your name on the little girl's Birth Certificate? If yes, they you will need sometime of document (i.e. the girl's BC) to show HCMC that you have a child in your life. Paper trail or not, you do pay some types of support for this little girl, cash and gift.

Timeline

my fiancee had to get ex household book also . her mother told him she needed it for her afair and didnt go into detail about it. he got it and brought it over to her that day .she also went to police in home town and got certified when she left there and she can show when she seperated and move to parents left parents and moved to hcmc sje got statemnets from lpand ladys where all she live but police would help certified it much if land lady lost book or some thing. good luck to you

Timeline

Thanks for the suggestion about going to the police in his town. I will pass that on.

Has anyone had an ex refuse to give any info? US or VN? And if so, what was the outcome?

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

Just tell them the TRUTH. "My ex did not cooperate and that would explain even more so why we aren't together!"

Timeline

Great point Chuck & Kim!

Now my ex is worried about putting anything in writing to the INS. Her immigration was all above board. I met her in the US. Did the AOS legally, she's a permanent resident. But still reluctant.

Timeline
The blue slip requests more evidence of the following:

proof of former spouse current address - petitioner

proof of former spouse current address - applicant

additional correspondence between Linh and I

I got the info I needed from my ex. She is being very helpful. We have lots of correspondence from prior to our Dam Hoi, so that is easy. The one problem may be Linh former spouse in VN. She knows where he is living, but cannot get ahold of him to get a photocopy of his housebook or anything else.

Has anyone else run into this problem? What other options do we have to show proof of address of someone that can't be contacted? She has gone to the home, but no one is there. She doesn't have any phone numbers, yet. Still trying that one.

Anh Map,

I am just curious. Do you and your fiancee have children from previous marriage. The reason I am asking is if you both have children from previous marriage. Then there will be some contacts with the EX-W/EX-H(Child support or visit rights). And maybe why CO was asking about EX-W/H current addresses. Maybe??????

Timeline

No, we don't have kids from prior marriages. So there is no correspondence between us.

Here's the newest wrinkle, my ex's attorney says to not provide anything confirming her address. So now I have no way to prove her current address. Her address is on our divorce decree. One suggestion I received was to send a registered letter with return receipt. If she accepts, I have proof, if she refuses it I have proof that she refused it at that address. That may be the course of action.

Surprising that her attorney would instruct her to do something that could only bring about suspicion. My ex is not a USC, but all the entry to the US and AOS was legit and above board.

Timeline
No, we don't have kids from prior marriages. So there is no correspondence between us.

Here's the newest wrinkle, my ex's attorney says to not provide anything confirming her address. So now I have no way to prove her current address. Her address is on our divorce decree. One suggestion I received was to send a registered letter with return receipt. If she accepts, I have proof, if she refuses it I have proof that she refused it at that address. That may be the course of action.

Surprising that her attorney would instruct her to do something that could only bring about suspicion. My ex is not a USC, but all the entry to the US and AOS was legit and above board.

Sorry to hear your strange situation. I am divorced too and I do not know where my ex is and I don't care that is why we divorced.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.