SN@5127

Biometrics - Finger Printing for Parent of a US Citizen

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I would appreciate if someone can share their experience of finger printing at a USCIS (ASC). I am a parent of US citizen. Went for my appointment. When the lady took my finger prints, they did not come out very distinct/clear; she tried couple of times seems to be OK the second and third time however, she commented that "they probably would be rejected, I can tell you by my experience", if they do you might have to come back for another session. My thought process is that if they did not come OK first time what is the guarantee that they will be acceptable second time. I am aware that in absence of decent finger prints I probably would have to get the police report from all the areas I lived in last 5 years. I wonder if someone out there had the same experience as I did, and what kind of time line it is going to be for USCIS to follow up, in case they need me to go there second time.

Thank you all

-s

ASC are contractors. When applicant(s) has worn out prints, they have to get the best print they can and hoping FBI will ok it. Some worn out prints will clear and some dont. It depends really who's reading the prints from FBI side.

Sometimes it take 2 weeks to 1 month for an applicant to come back. And if it doesnt clear for the second time, you will get a letter to go to your local police station to get your fingerprints taken.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.