7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Like a number of K visa folks applying for AOS, we received an RFE for the entire medical (I-693) even though we stated in the cover letter that the results were handed over at the POE.

The RFE should have asked for the Vaccination Supplement (I-693A). Their mistake. I did not submit this with the AOS application ... only a copy of the Vaccination Worksheet. My mistake.

I called Senator Robert Menendez's office 2 weeks ago and never received a reply. The voice on the message machine warned not to call back because they're busy (!)

Our InfoPass was this morning in Newark, New Jersey where we got a blank stare from the Officer, whose only advise was to give them exactly what they ask for: the complete medical all over again. (?)

Meanwhile, we paid $100 to have a duplicate medical sent from Toronto. That's what I was advised to send in rely to the RFE when I called the National Customer Service.

At some point they'll realize they still require the Vaccination Supplement and we'll either get an RFE for that or a denial. (ugh) I'm thinking of getting one now and sending it as additional evidence. What do you think?

I-130 sent Mar 30, 06

approved Aug 15, 06

I-129f sent April 24, 06

approved July 27, 06

Montreal interview Jan 18, 07

POE Toronto Jan 28, 07

EAD sent Jan. 30, 07

transferred to Vermont Feb 12

biometrics Feb 22

approved March 13

card returned undeliverable! March 27

called after 6 weeks to have EAD re-sent

AOS sent Jan. 30, 07

biometrics Feb 22

RFE for complete medical (!) Feb 23

Called Senator from NJ - never returned call

Infopass March 19 (no help)

Replied to RFE with duplicate medical March 19

Sent additional evidence (I-693A) March 26

NBC received supplement March 30

touched April 4

Interview July 16

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

The best way to contact a senator's office is to fill out their online privacy form and fax it in with your information/request. Then call to follow up to find out who is assigned to your case. Since they have been unresponsive, I would try your other senator. Can't help on the other stuff except to say it's all f'd up.

Filed: Other Timeline

I dunno how different NJ will be over NC, but when I sent in my RFE reply with the duplicate copy of the stuff they already had, I did not receive another RFE for the vaccination supplement. Technically speaking, if all the vaccinations were completed with the K visa, and it is included with the medical file from that, even the supplement should not be needed for AOS.

Good luck!

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

I would think that a copy of the medical would give them sufficient information not to request the I-693 supplement, as it indicates on the medical worksheet what vaccinations were given. Who knows though eh? Best of luck in hearing something postive soon!

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

City: Texas Hill Country Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

When we received that RFE, our Infopass officer (who seemed to know what she was talking about -- no blank stares) told us to send in the I-693A, along with a note saying the rest of the medical was completed for the K-1 process within the past year and could be found in our K-1 file.

I would definitely spring for an I-693A, though. They won't send you another RFE if what you send them isn't sufficient. They'll just deny your case. And that would suckity suck suck suck.

Best wishes.

Conditions Removed! Ten-year green card received 6/24/2009. No more USCIS for a very long time.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm not taking any chances and will get what they should have asked for: the I-693A. There's a civil surgeon open on Sunday in Morristown, NJ and that's where we'll be.

I-130 sent Mar 30, 06

approved Aug 15, 06

I-129f sent April 24, 06

approved July 27, 06

Montreal interview Jan 18, 07

POE Toronto Jan 28, 07

EAD sent Jan. 30, 07

transferred to Vermont Feb 12

biometrics Feb 22

approved March 13

card returned undeliverable! March 27

called after 6 weeks to have EAD re-sent

AOS sent Jan. 30, 07

biometrics Feb 22

RFE for complete medical (!) Feb 23

Called Senator from NJ - never returned call

Infopass March 19 (no help)

Replied to RFE with duplicate medical March 19

Sent additional evidence (I-693A) March 26

NBC received supplement March 30

touched April 4

Interview July 16

Filed: Timeline
I'm not taking any chances and will get what they should have asked for: the I-693A. There's a civil surgeon open on Sunday in Morristown, NJ and that's where we'll be.

I do hope it can 'catch up' to your file if you send it without an RFE attached - I'm not sure that it does? For I-129Fs they don't recommend it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.