jennaleigh

Urgent question re: medical in Montreal

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm so confused. As is my fiancee.

She's on her way right now to Montreal, a 14 hour drive. On the way there she gets a call from the clinic telling her the X-ray machine has maintenance the day of her appointment and asking her if she could come in earlier. Fine, no problem there. But then she started listing off the things my fiancee needs to bring and she mentioned a "packet 4 confirmation with the letter/confirmation with a barcode attached to it" that was supposedly supposed to be emailed to my fiancee but she never received. What??? This is what she has as far as confirmation goes (and we went over this a million times before she left to make sure she had everything! She has her passport photos, passport, everything like that):

-Email confirmation of the interview date

-Receipt for the DS160, which has a barcode. It says "This confirms the submission of the nonimmigrant visa application for _____."

She did get an email after she emailed her Packet 3 information in saying they got everything and she could schedule her appointment, but she didn't print that out.

What is the lady at the clinic talking about then? Was there some email with a barcode she was supposed to be sent? She has a letter confirming the date of the interview, is there another one with a barcode she never got? We are so confused and the lady at the clinic said it would be fine and that she's contacting the embassy to get the go ahead to do the medical, she told my fiancee to go anyway and that she shouldn't worry. But what is she talking about??? We went over her stuff a million times and never heard of anything like this.

Any help appreciated, thank you!!!

Edited by jennaleigh

I-129F Mailed: 11/16/2015

I-129F Received/NOA1: 11/18/2015

Check Cashed: 11/23/2015

Touched: 11/24/2015

NOA2 Email/Text: 01/04/2016

NOA2 Hard Copy: 01/08/2016

NVC Received Case: 01/13/2016

Received Case Number (FINALLY! Long story...): 03/07/2016

Sent Packet 3 Paperwork: 04/20/2016

Packet 4 Received: 04/20/2016

Medical: 06/09/2016

Interview: 06/29/2016 - Approved!!!

POE (Toronto): 08/03/2016

Married!!!: 08/26/2016

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes the barcode is the one on the Ds-160 confirmation.

The interview email they are looking for is one that she should have received after booking the interview online, which confirms the date of the interview and Canada post mailing details.

Good Luck!

Edited by Star561

AOS from K1

4/20/16: Package delivered

4/27/16: NOA1

5/23/16: Biometrics

6/3/16: Ready for interview status on I-485

7/5/16: SR1 filed (over 75 days)

7/26/16: SR2 filed (over 90 days) - 96 days

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Did she fill out the DS-160 online? If so when it was done it would have shown here a confirmation of completion with a barcode and her photo and confirmation number. This gave you the option to print, save or email this page.

The interview email they are looking for is one that she should have received after booking the interview online, which confirms the date of the interview and Canada post mailing details.

Good Luck!

Yep, she has all that! I'm thinking this lady didn't know what she was talking about. Grr... thank you!

I-129F Mailed: 11/16/2015

I-129F Received/NOA1: 11/18/2015

Check Cashed: 11/23/2015

Touched: 11/24/2015

NOA2 Email/Text: 01/04/2016

NOA2 Hard Copy: 01/08/2016

NVC Received Case: 01/13/2016

Received Case Number (FINALLY! Long story...): 03/07/2016

Sent Packet 3 Paperwork: 04/20/2016

Packet 4 Received: 04/20/2016

Medical: 06/09/2016

Interview: 06/29/2016 - Approved!!!

POE (Toronto): 08/03/2016

Married!!!: 08/26/2016

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.